Thread: US to UK Brands

Default US to UK Brands

Hard to create the correct name for the title, brain derping at the moment

I've been reading this thread: http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...your-help.html

And looking from cotton's graph seems to be a big help, (he's almost the same shipping dimensions as me! ) but, I'm struggling to find out the UK equivalents of diaper models he tested.

Now, according to many others the brand is pampers to use because of their stretchier sides, and the main ones of his chart that I'm looking at are the Baby Dry, Cruisers and Overnight Protection. But, in the UK all we have are Active Fit, Baby Dry, EasyUp's, Simply Dry and New Baby (which are no way gonna fit me!)

Does anybody know which model of diaper is the equivalent of the UK version? Aka the US version of Cruisers is the UK equivlent of EasyUps? Over here we top out at size 6, so that at least gets rid of the sizing issues

Any help would be sweet, might be going to town tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Iroh View Post
    Now, according to many others the brand is pampers to use because of their stretchier sides, and the main ones of his chart that I'm looking at are the Baby Dry, Cruisers and Overnight Protection. But, in the UK all we have are Active Fit, Baby Dry, EasyUp's, Simply Dry and New Baby (which are no way gonna fit me!)

Does anybody know which model of diaper is the equivalent of the UK version? Aka the US version of Cruisers is the UK equivlent of EasyUps? Over here we top out at size 6, so that at least gets rid of the sizing issues
    I believe it goes like this...

US UK
    Pampers Baby Dry Pampers Baby Dry (same)
    Pampers Cruisers Pampers Active Fit
    Pampers Extra Protection (no equivalent)
    Luvs Pampers Simply Dry

Unfortunately, except for Baby Dry, the largest sizes in the UK are a good deal smaller than in the US. Active Fit, for instance, tops out at size "5+." Somebody posted the measurements of that diaper a while back, and it really is smaller than a US size 6.

If you're the same size as me then this doesn't bode well, I'm afraid; the US Cruisers 7 really are the only Pampers I can wear without modification. Baby Dry 6 is the next closest thing--same dimensions, just less stretchy in the tapes.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I believe it goes like this...

US UK
    Pampers Baby Dry Pampers Baby Dry (same)
    Pampers Cruisers Pampers Active Fit
    Pampers Extra Protection (no equivalent)
    Luvs Pampers Simply Dry

Unfortunately, except for Baby Dry, the largest sizes in the UK are a good deal smaller than in the US. Active Fit, for instance, tops out at size "5+." Somebody posted the measurements of that diaper a while back, and it really is smaller than a US size 6.

If you're the same size as me then this doesn't bode well, I'm afraid; the US Cruisers 7 really are the only Pampers I can wear without modification. Baby Dry 6 is the next closest thing--same dimensions, just less stretchy in the tapes.

Good luck!
    Hmmm thanks for the info, I guess that and decided to pick up some Attends from a local supplier.

Would you think size 5+ with some mods would work?

Quote Originally Posted by Iroh View Post
    Would you think size 5+ with some mods would work?
    You can put on practically anything with mods, but whether it "works" is up to you. It'll ride low and won't absorb much--true with any baby diaper on an adult. If you want to try this, skip on the Active Fit 5+ and go for Baby Dry 6 instead.

Happy experimenting!