Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AfterLife & Infantilism

Default AfterLife & Infantilism

Note: This is not a thread for debate about if there is an actual afterlife. Atheists are however welcome to comment what they would answer if they believed there was an afterlife, while not expressing an actual belief in an eternal existence.

The thought crossed my mind while discussing something very similar in another lobby, and i think it would make for an interesting discussion with input from a wider base of members.

I personally feel like in the afterlife, your personality will remain with you, so:

• Who would/wouldn't want to like/life their infantilist lifestyle in the life hereafter, if it were permitted?
    • And do you think it will or will not be permitted, or even capable?

For extra measure, it would be interesting if you stated your religious affiliation if you feel comfortable, to understand where you are coming from with your answer.

Well, I will say that I am a Christian and do most definitely believe in an afterlife. I do not believe that infantilism will be permitted in the afterlife. This isnt because there is anything wrong with it, I just believe that when we die and go to heaven we are not the human selves we are now. I dont think we will do the same things in heaven as we do on earth because we wont be the same people we are now. But if it was permitted, then yes, I would want to partake in the infantilisn lifestyle

This is tremendously amusing :3 I never really gave it much thought, and I look forward to seeing what others have to say about the topic. I think a lot of it will depend on whether you think of infantilism as a flaw, a sort of scar or defect, or rather as a fundamentally good variation of the human experience. I can't speak for anyone else, but as infantilism applies to my own life, I'm coming to see it more as a scar each day, and if I could one day walk away from it, I would.

However, there is much discussion among Christian theologians about whether our scars will be wiped away in the resurrection or whether they will remain. Miroslav Wolf, for example, argues that we will be perfected in the next life. His detractors, on the other hand, note that Jesus' resurrected body still has the marks of the crucifixion--hence the famous scene where he tells Thomas to put his fingers into his wounds to see that it is really him. So some have argued that we will retain our scars in the resurrection. I don't really know where I stand in the debate. Not long ago, I would have sided with Wolf. But after the point about Jesus' body was raised to my attention, I'm not so sure anymore. If our scars do remain, I wouldn't think they'd continue to do us harm. I'd think they'd be something we can triumph over. In my case, I would hope I'd be healed from the damage and pain I associate with it, and that I'd be free to find goodness in it.

Of course, if you have a more positive view of your fetish than I do of my own, the above doesn't really come into consideration. I suppose if you feel that your infantilism is generally a good, positive thing, there's no reason to think you'd be without it in the next life.

an afterlife is supposed to be a land of perfection and relief from worldly problems, therefore you would have no felt need to be babied or diapered.

There are 1000 views on heaven. I like the one where you get to live out your happiest days again permanently.

If there is an afterlife, I see myself being free of my body and existing as a hypothetically pure intellect. Thus many of my desires will disappear. Consequently I don't see this being carried over. That is assuming that my existence doesn't simply end at death.

Cygnus

While not exactly the topic of this thread, a very similar question is one of the things that lead me to my current views on the afterlife. My question was 'in the afterlife, will I possess my current physical form or the form that I really desire and feel I am.' After thinking that question through, I came to realize that the idea of reincarnation comforted me more than an afterlife being a big place in the sky.

With my belief, you could be an infantilist in your afterlife. You could also be a dog or a tree.

I kiddingly told my wife I was going into heaven as a two and a half year old, dragging my teddy bear and she was going to have to take care of me. She warned me that I better not!

Since we are supposed to have spiritual bodies, I doubt that we would be diaper lovers wetting our diapers, but who knows. I just want to be young and beautiful....oh yes, and having great sex.

Interesting thoughts so far. I don't want to lead the conversation too much because i'd rather this be more of a place for ideas, but here is my responses with my own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMunchkin View Post
    However, there is much discussion among Christian theologians about whether our scars will be wiped away in the resurrection or whether they will remain. Miroslav Wolf, for example, argues that we will be perfected in the next life. His detractors, on the other hand, note that Jesus' resurrected body still has the marks of the crucifixion--hence the famous scene where he tells Thomas to put his fingers into his wounds to see that it is really him. So some have argued that we will retain our scars in the resurrection. I don't really know where I stand in the debate. Not long ago, I would have sided with Wolf. But after the point about Jesus' body was raised to my attention, I'm not so sure anymore. If our scars do remain, I wouldn't think they'd continue to do us harm. I'd think they'd be something we can triumph over. In my case, I would hope I'd be healed from the damage and pain I associate with it, and that I'd be free to find goodness in it.

Of course, if you have a more positive view of your fetish than I do of my own, the above doesn't really come into consideration. I suppose if you feel that your infantilism is generally a good, positive thing, there's no reason to think you'd be without it in the next life.
    Intriguing thought. Seems like an interesting way of looking at the example of Christ's wounds. It could be that in the resurrection, one would have his/her scars, and have them healed by Christ. Anyway, That is starting to move off the subject and could easily high-jack this thread. For me, it was a huge scar at first, but now i look at infantilism much differently, and i personally consider it a good part of me. If it was possible for me to keep it, I think that quite a bit of me would want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    While not exactly the topic of this thread, a very similar question is one of the things that lead me to my current views on the afterlife. My question was 'in the afterlife, will I possess my current physical form or the form that I really desire and feel I am.' After thinking that question through, I came to realize that the idea of reincarnation comforted me more than an afterlife being a big place in the sky.

With my belief, you could be an infantilist in your afterlife. You could also be a dog or a tree.
    If i have a choice on phisical form, totally choosing a Tiger.
    I agree though, it probably does depend on if you will have a physical form or not. If there is a (physical)resurrection or reincarnation, or if we have a (spiritual)resurection/existence. Seems to me that has made the divide so far. It seems like to have an opinion that we will be existing as spiritual beings, means that we will likely not have these desires, or at least wont have the means to act out on them. But to have a physical existence would imply the possibility of being able to act out on them, and even possibly still being stuck with them.

To the question at hand. I highly doubt it would for me and given the option I likely wouldn't want it like that anyways.

------
    Slightly off topic stuff.

Given what I've heard the afterlife is more of a spiritual place which I find rather odd. If your (a) god, you make life why would you make life vs afterlife so radically different?

On the other hand if we were to go as our present selves even minus all negative thoughts and emotions. Wouldn't it get boring if we live forever in a perfect place. Wouldn't we get used to hell after a while if we end up there then bored of it? Honestly Cthulhu tearing and devouring my soul into nothingness seems like a better version of hell, albeit however temporary.

Lastly if heaven and hell is just a spiritual place separate from the person who I am currently then why should I care if I go to either one? Sure I'll pay the price but it wont be *me*.

Speaking from what I have learned in Church, when we die, we leave everything worldly behind. This means that our "desires" do not go with us as they are not needed in Heaven.

As for wanting to bring them with me anyway, I would not. It is a part I would be more than happy to leave behind.