Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney buys Lucasfilm! Star Wars episode 7 announced

Default Disney buys Lucasfilm! Star Wars episode 7 announced

For everyone who's nerdy or has an inner nerd, Disney now owns Lucasfilm and is planning to make, from what I understand, 3 new Star Wars episodes. Disney Buys Lucasfilm, Episode 7 Coming 2015 - News -
    What do you think? Do you think they'll mess it up, or will it be worth seeing?

Kill it with fire.

Being a Star Wars nut, I will probably go see them regardless of reviews.
    There sure is plenty of material to make films from, if anyone else here reads Star Wars books.

It could also be that they decide on a massive "time jump" beyond the original casts lifetime.

I don't know what to think yet. But, in any case, my mind is blown.

(Also, they ought to do episodes -II, -I and 0 based on the old republic timeline :P )

I'd see them...if it goes ahead, and the composer for it can follow up John Williams in awesome style (or, of course, it could be John Williams himself )

Wait what the fuck? This is wrong on so many freaking levels, it's mind-boggling.

I have a hard time seeing how anyone else could do any worse to it than Lucas has already done himself. I'm okay with letting others have a crack at it. The first Clone Wars series by Genndy Tartakovsky (not to be confused with the animated feature or ongoing cartoon series) was better than anything Lucas did in the prequels as far as I'm concerned, so bring it on.

This is going to annoy so many fanboys and it will be hilarious mwhahahaha. That said if they can get a good director and some good writers then they may be able to direct a good film, their Marvel films were good and if they can apply the same magic here that we could get a better ending for the saga than ROTS.

I agree disney could actually do some good to the dying series

Being a long time Trek fan, I've become very tolerant of mediocre or even poor offerings, so long as the spirit remains relatively true, and I carried this open mindedness into Star Wars Episodes I-III, all of which I enjoyed regardless of Gungan characters. Disney knows quality when they see it, and they also know when to let the experts do what they do best - ie: Pixar. They'll allow LucasFilm to be great again, if this new subsidiary is up to the challenge.