Thread: A new way to train Pokemon?

Default A new way to train Pokemon?

Hey there guys. Been currently playing a lot of Pokemon Black 2, and have really enjoyed it. I've read/watched reviews for the new installments, and they seem to agree. However, I was watching one review, and one of the hosts said something that really got me thinking.

He said that he thought that the Pokemon franchise needed something new to freshen up the experience of raising your Pokemon, perhaps even adding a new way to level up your Pokemon besides battling other Pokemon.

Now wouldn't that be interesting? Recently, the Pokemon Audino has become the perfect grinding Pokemon, but I just felt bad about hunting down the poor things just to level up my Pokemon quicker. The idea of adding a new way to level up Pokemon did strike my interest.

One idea I thought of could be that they made a training organization, where the Pokemon practice moves on mannequins/boards/fighting dummies/etc or just exercise. However, the problem with the sparring mechanic would be that it would be too much like ordinary Pokemon battles, and would become as quickly stale. Plus, the exercise idea could be too minigame-ish, and if it was to work, the style of the exercise would have to be enjoyable and compelling enough to do it again and again.

So, what do you guys think? Should Pokemon introduce a new way to level up Pokemon, or should they just stick to what they know?

my friend has a way of getting pokemon to get 1.75 times the normal amount of XP or something like that. via trading, dream world, etc.

what fi you could have inner party battles to train by your self?

I'd hate that idea, the whole point of the game is to battle and that is where the fun is. They should either stick to what they have or introduce a new way of battling that is akin to sparring.

Quote Originally Posted by PacifiedByKnowledge View Post
    what fi you could have inner party battles to train by your self?
    This is a good idea, a building where this could go on would be more fun and while I don't think you should get a ton of EXP for battling in it it would be cool to get a few hundred/thousand odd EXP for having some sparring go on. It's just a new twist on their already good formula.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    I'd hate that idea, the whole point of the game is to battle and that is where the fun is. They should either stick to what they have or introduce a new way of battling that is akin to sparring.

This is a good idea, a building where this could go on would be more fun and while I don't think you should get a ton of EXP for battling in it it would be cool to get a few hundred/thousand odd EXP for having some sparring go on. It's just a new twist on their already good formula.
    In that case...Solution solved!....

Its called: Pokemon Battle Network but i'm still in the concept phase right...