Thread: Salutations

Default Salutations

Foremost, I am not much of a forum user or a social person in general. I suppose I have joined for occasional conversation with like-minded individuals. My name is Jay and I am a 21 year-old music major, though I am considering business instead. I was born with cerebral palsy, which has had impact on my life including the events that led to me becoming an AB/DL.

I currently live at home and work in food services. My non-AB/DL hobbies include music, cinema, museums, festivals, and outdoor recreation. I play bass in a small jazz combo, probably my favorite past time. I am cultured I try to respect all viewpoints. I look forward to meet other insightful people in our community.

Quote Originally Posted by babybluejay View Post
    Foremost, I am not much of a forum user or a social person in general. I suppose I have joined for occasional conversation with like-minded individuals. My name is Jay and I am a 21 year-old music major, though I am considering business instead. I was born with cerebral palsy, which has had impact on my life including the events that led to me becoming an AB/DL.

I currently live at home and work in food services. My non-AB/DL hobbies include music, cinema, museums, festivals, and outdoor recreation. I play bass in a small jazz combo, probably my favorite past time. I am cultured I try to respect all viewpoints. I look forward to meet other insightful people in our community.
    Hello. Outdoor recreation, eh? What sorts of things fall into that realm for you? I'm a pretty avid cyclist, and I've recently started running, as well. I enjoy hiking, as well.

And welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by babybluejay View Post

Hi Jay, I love movies too. What are some of your favorite movies? Have you heard the music to Cowboy Bebop by the Seatbelts? I really love their music.

Well, you have some very nice hobbies. I have played guitar in a band when I was your age and absolutely enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by keepindl View Post
    Hi Jay, I love movies too. What are some of your favorite movies? Have you heard the music to Cowboy Bebop by the Seatbelts? I really love their music.
    I am glad you would mention Cowboy Bebop and its OST. I am both a huge of both the anime and of Yoko Kanno's music. As for movies, I have far too many favorites to list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDragonAurkarm View Post
    Hello. Outdoor recreation, eh? What sorts of things fall into that realm for you? I'm a pretty avid cyclist, and I've recently started running, as well. I enjoy hiking, as well.

And welcome!
    I love ATVs and Snowmachines, though I have yet to ride a cycle. I have a cabin where I like to spend time fishing and hiking in the summer.

Welcome Jay! Such wonderful interests! I especially love your musical inclinations. I never really swerved into Jazz but I spent some time playing trumpet back in school.

And yes, Yoko Kanno is double plus good!