Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you have handled this?

Default How would you have handled this?

I kind of need to get this off my chest because I don't know if I reacted the right way or not. I lean more towards yes, I did.

Anyways, I spent the night with my girlfriend last night at her dorm. I woke up early this morning, after having the famous "I'm awake in the bathroom" dream. Needless to say, I was wet. Thankfully I fell asleep in my dark blue jeans so it wasn't obvious. There was a decent sized wet spot under me. I just continued to lay there, and fell back asleep. I woke up a few hours later and the spot was dry, but my pants were still soaked. Luckily she never noticed anything. She doesn't know about my occasional bed wet issues, or the whole abdl stuff. I almost woke her up to tell her, but I decided the sneaky way out... She lives with a couple other girls so I didn't want to embarrass myself...

What would you have done?

IMO you did the right thing. Maybe later on when in private you could discuss it.

I totally would have tried to hide it too. Sure, maybe it's debatable that you should have told her so she could have cleaned it up, but I think most people won't blame you. You were in a pretty dicey situation. I agree with Oleman72 though. This is something you'd definitely want to discuss with her eventually so if it happens again you can at least be prepared. Think if she woke up to discover you, then you'd be in a whole heap of embarrassing/awkward trouble.

My one thought is, did you leave a yellow stain, and/or something that might smell? If so, that creates a problem that she might bring up. Yes, you will eventually have to discuss this, and if the spot is obvious, that discussion should be soon. I'm sorry this happened, and I'm sure it's not easy, so I'm on your side. Sometimes life just sucks. I wish you the best.

Can't say I would have handled it different, but I agree with everyone else, it is probably best you bring it up with her at some point. Sooner is better than later, so she is not grossed about about being around a urine spot.

To be completely honest, if you know that you might wet during the night and you made the decision to sleep over you should have told her before that you have a wetting problem. You don't have to mention the AB/DL stuff, but definitely the other is important if you are going to share a bed.

How would you feel if the roles were reversed?

Can you blame her if she might be a little weirded out by it? The longer you wait to tell her, the worse it will be. If she truly likes you, she should be understanding.

To answer you question, how would I have handled this? I would have been completely honest. When she woke up, told her I had a problem, apologized for not telling her before and offered to do the laundry.

Tough call because I would have been terrified for someone else to find out.

The problem is that you have now wet her bed and she is likely to noice it at some point, possibly already has. By not aging anything she may well take it completely wrong. Of course she may also not notice or she may notice and choose to not embarras you about it.

At this point the choice is to do some damage control by apologizing and saying that you were so humiliated and scared that you did not know quite what to do. Then explain that you have an occasional wetting problem and that you didn't expect it to happen.

I do agree that discussing the AB/DL stuff is not nessisary and may well cause more unneeded friction.

Of course you could also choose to not tell her but the chance is that things won't go quite as well if you take this approach.

Would've left without saying anything at first but gone back later to tell her what happened and why I was embarrassed about telling her, yes it is embarrassing to have to tell someone that you wet the bed but at your age she should be mature enough to be able to deal with it in a professional manner. Naturally you can deal with this in anyway you feel necessary but if she does ask because she notices a stain or the faint odour of urine then it would be a good idea to use that as your opening to tell her about your bedwetting, AB/DL can wait until much later but if you're going to be spending more nights with her then it really is better for her to know and I'm sure she'll understand and respect your privacy over this issue.

Honesty is the best policy, even when it is an embarrassing situation. If her love is true, she should understand that you have a wetting problem.

Im going to be perfectly honest, this has happened to me on more than one occasion. I've never out and out told my partner but I think he knows, cuz he does my laundry...

Im very timid about my bedwetting. I cry everytime