Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Build a bear ^_^

Smile Build a bear ^_^

A subject that I know has been discussed loads on adisc in the past but I'm bored and I can't help not smiling at my new plushy friend

When I was in Orlando to meet the love of my life, I wanted to build a bear. So we went to Build A Bear Workshop and I got to pick out my new friend.

I couldn't help but take forever to pick out my new plushy but ended up picking a blue teddy with white stars all over. I hated seeing all the other teddies without their stuffing. It sort of made me feel sad.

So then I got him stuffed and was asked by the lady stuffing him who this was for. I don't know how red I went but I lied and said it was for my baby cousin. I got to give him a heart and even got to control the stuffing pedal

Then I got to make a certificate to name him. I ended up with Captain Stars. I got the certificate printed with me as the owner and even got him a Captain America outfit too.

It was embarrassing but I was so happy to take my new friend out of the store

So, does anyone here buy or own a bear from Build A Bear? Were you as embarrassed as I was?

I have a build-a-bear bunny named Lisa-Marie. I got her years ago and she is my first and only.

I actually really love the BAB process. Really my biggest obstacle is the cost. I find them to be pretty costly. They're definitely worth it to me, though-- Don't get me wrong. The quality and softness are very nice and the experience is all part of it, too.

Was I embarrassed? A little.

When I went before you could spark the little heart with a kiss before they put it inside. Now you can put in a heart that beats and everything!

This year I plan on getting a few build a bears made for the holidays. I know some cubs that really deserve a warm new plush and a blankie

Um Build A Bear is one of my favorite stores and I have been to one many times with friends and family even. I know on a couple of occasions they had a hard time convincing me to leave so we could go to the next store. One of the times one of my sisters was there with me and as I was testing out bears she reminded me that Garfield (my plushie) would be jealous.

I can't wait to go back and get another plushie, and no I don't get embarrassed. My little side seeps out all the time and I see this as an innocent and sweet activity.

*blushes* can you guys buy me one

A few years ago I bought one as a gift to a friend... who's six years older than me! I was tempted to get one for myself but they're so expensive. And I really wanted a horse but they didn't have any.

I have a bear from there named Giggles

Build-A-Bear is my wife's middle name! She isn't an AB but sort of an ageplayer. She's got scores of them, all of them purchsed for her since we got married. Unfortunately, we have to go 60 miles to get to a Build-A-Bear.

When I am in there by myself I'm 60 miles from anyone I know so I have no qualms about building one for Kim. They know us at the store, and chances are there are hundreds of adults who buy them for themsleves per store and it has nothing to do with AB, ageplay, or even furridom for them. I think I will get me a Build-A-Bear too. One with diapers, onesie, and maybe a bottle.

I had a rather bad experience there with an employee who was kind of a complete jerk. My mum had taken me and my sister for a shopping trip/mini-vacation because it had been a year (to the day) since she had divorced my dad, and we were all kind of down. The guy there teased me and made me do lots of stuff I didn't want to do, but didn't pick on my sister at all. I was about ten years old, but apparently that's too old for boys to like plushies? I had gotten a koala bear (I wanted a unicorn), but apparently that wasn't masculine enough or something. I'm kind of glad I didn't pick the unicorn, after all of that.

Ever since then I've really never wanted to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    Build-A-Bear is my wife's middle name! She isn't an AB but sort of an ageplayer. She's got scores of them, all of them purchsed for her since we got married. Unfortunately, we have to go 60 miles to get to a Build-A-Bear.

When I am in there by myself I'm 60 miles from anyone I know so I have no qualms about building one for Kim. They know us at the store, and chances are there are hundreds of adults who buy them for themsleves per store and it has nothing to do with AB, ageplay, or even furridom for them. I think I will get me a Build-A-Bear too. One with diapers, onesie, and maybe a bottle.
    Yep, there are a lot of adults that build them for themselves and the stores encourage this. I never seem to have the money when I am there myself but I have gotten several for friends and family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post
    I had a rather bad experience there with an employee who was kind of a complete jerk. My mum had taken me and my sister for a shopping trip/mini-vacation because it had been a year (to the day) since she had divorced my dad, and we were all kind of down. The guy there teased me and made me do lots of stuff I didn't want to do, but didn't pick on my sister at all. I was about ten years old, but apparently that's too old for boys to like plushies? I had gotten a koala bear (I wanted a unicorn), but apparently that wasn't masculine enough or something. I'm kind of glad I didn't pick the unicorn, after all of that.

Ever since then I've really never wanted to go back.
    Aww, that's too bad. I have never had a bad experience but then it is bound to happen from time to time. I never let a bad employee get me down but bad managers and second strikes usually speak volumes.

10 years old is definitely not too old for any kind of plushie but some people are jealous or feel they know better.

The interesting thing to me is that he was giving a 10 year old a hard time, yet look at where he works. Me thinks he was pretty jealous.