Thread: Kimberly-Clark (Maker of Huggies and Drynites) to Pull Out of Europe

Unhappy Kimberly-Clark (Maker of Huggies and Drynites) to Pull Out of Europe

Kimberly-Clark to Pull Out of Diaper Businesses in Much of Europe - WSJ.com

Kimberly-Clark Corp. is giving up on the diaper business in most of Western and Central Europe after more than two decades of trying to turn a profit there, cutting the company's exposure to the troubled European consumer and freeing up resources to steer toward faster-growing markets like China, Brazil and Russia.
    This is just too bad.
    No more Drynites... I'll also miss their wet wipes.

Oh no. I am getting worried because that means an end to the dinosaur goodnites in Northern Europe that I still have not managed to find online. I was really sad when they dropped drynites sleep shorts before I had a chance to get some, but now it is all over. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    Oh no. I am getting worried because that means an end to the dinosaur goodnites in Northern Europe that I still have not managed to find online. I was really sad when they dropped drynites sleep shorts before I had a chance to get some, but now it is all over. Too bad.
    Join the club, mate I wanted those shorts 'cos if you took off the outside, that just left a plain white nappy, which was more my style (not sure how many heard/did this).

Oh no, that means I wouldn't able to get more drynites in the future. I'll have to resort to Pampers or a different brand of my choice in the not so distant future. I guess it is Farewell Drynites/Goodnites... I have still some left in the house I shall keep them long lasting as I can, hehe.

I've read about this in the business news and it seems they are only ditching there fasternable products (normal nappies) everywhere in europe apart from italy but are keeping the pullups ranges and wipes

Wow, even as someone who doesn't use their products that is a real surprise to me. I mean Depends won't be missed as we have TENAs and Huggies can be replaced by Pampers but the idea of their being no Drynites is weird especially as their isn't any easily available, equivalent product, at least in the UK, that could be used instead. Shame really as I was thinking about using Drynites as stuffers in the near future.

Don't worry; according to this article (see below) KC will still continue with the pull-ups kind, speaking for the Netherlands I think KC is martketleader in this productgroup.

Kimberly-Clark will continue to make and sell pull-up and swim diapers in Europe, however, as they're doing better than so-called open-tab diapers.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2012...#ixzz2AdlPA1zS

And for Depends, I have no clue although the article speaks over restructuring the company; nothing is mentioned about the incontinence products. However I have to state their market share has dropped signifcantly in NL over the last decade; mostly because of the contracts of other with pharmacies etc, but also because of their crappy products.

Default Kimberly-Clark (Maker of Huggies and Drynites) to Pull Out of Europe

Good job I recently bought some drynites my local chemist has a lot. I think I should buy them all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indianajones View Post
    Join the club, mate I wanted those shorts 'cos if you took off the outside, that just left a plain white nappy, which was more my style (not sure how many heard/did this).
    Where are you located? The UK? I thought they had drynites sleep shorts in the UK. If you are interested, I have a few packs of goodnites boxers in storage and we might could come arrange some kind of an agreement. I have shipped to and recieved packages from the UK, it can be a tad expensive and take a while, but it is doable.