Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

Hello,

I am a technical professional with a college degree and a successful career who is looking to expand a network of friends in the diaper related world. I tend to be pretty quiet most of the time and finding this site a bit overbearing (the requirement to post or be called a lurker and eliminated), but I am willing to keep an open mind.

Before judging me, let me explain....I resisted doing an introduction because my experience on other sites with a general introduction is complete inundation of requests for me to be someone's daddy without even really talking to me first or knowing who I am. ("Daddy! Do me!" attitude. "Daddy, send me diapers", "Daddy, I am your boy but you have to relocate me, pay all my bills, and give me an allowance"). In other words, most who have shown interest on other sites seem to look to me for what I can do for them and rather than looking to how we can help each other. It's pushed me to be jaded and that is a bad thing.

My interests are varied. I tend to be a bit on the geek side with computers and gaming, but also enjoy nature and outdoors. Hiking, kayaking, backpacking, camping, and just good old exploring. I enjoy good movies mostly in the sci-fi to action side of things and not so much comedy or slasher films.

I did come here to read and learn and don't feel I need support. I have been into diapers for quite some time and am over the guilt and purge cycle that many experience (I did years ago). I can and would enjoy providing others support, but only to those people who have compassion for others, have a good grasp on reality, and can carry on a conversation.

So here I am, wondering if this website is different?

Daddy Eric
    Last edited by daddy2aboy; 28-Oct-2012 at 15:35. Reason: I forgot to put in interests.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy2aboy View Post
    Hello,

I am a technical professional with a college degree and a successful career who is looking to expand a network of friends in the diaper related world. I tend to be pretty quiet most of the time and finding this site a bit overbearing (the requirement to post or be called a lurker and eliminated), but I am willing to keep an open mind.

Before judging me, let me explain....I resisted doing an introduction because my experience on other sites with a general introduction is complete inundation of requests for me to be someone's daddy without even really talking to me first or knowing who I am. ("Daddy! Do me!" attitude. "Daddy, send me diapers", "Daddy, I am your boy but you have to relocate me, pay all my bills, and give me an allowance"). In other words, most who have shown interest on other sites seem to look to me for what I can do for them and rather than looking to how we can help each other. It's pushed me to be jaded and that is a bad thing.

My interests are varied. I tend to be a bit on the geek side with computers and gaming, but also enjoy nature and outdoors. Hiking, kayaking, backpacking, camping, and just good old exploring. I enjoy good movies mostly in the sci-fi to action side of things and not so much comedy or slasher films.

I did come here to read and learn and don't feel I need support. I have been into diapers for quite some time and am over the guilt and purge cycle that many experience (I did years ago). I can and would enjoy providing others support, but only to those people who have compassion for others, have a good grasp on reality, and can carry on a conversation.

Daddy Eric
    Hello and welcome to Adisc. I would very much like to say that yes, this website is different. We encourage people to think before they post, and we also strongly discourage personal ads, for the benefit of keeping this website pg-13, and safe for the uder-18s in general.

Thanks for telling us about yourself. I'm also quite into the outdoors, and I enjoy many and varied activities, ranging from tramping, camping and hunting to more physical activities such as mountain biking, rock climbing, and a bit of kayaking. I also enjoy 4wding. In this respect, I'm blessed to live in NZ.

I also enjoy movies too, mostly action type, Bond, etc. Big fan of MIB.

This site tends to attract a different sort of person to other more 'open' sites. We encourage our members to have otherwise normal lives, and have other interests and hobbies as well. In this respect, I think you'll find Adisc a kind and caring site, that always has your best interests at heart.

So, the long and short of it is, kia ora and welcome to Adisc! Hope to see you posting again.

Kiwidl.

I resisted doing an introduction because my experience on other sites with a general introduction is complete inundation of requests for me to be someone's daddy without even really talking to me first or knowing who I am. ("Daddy! Do me!" attitude. "Daddy, send me diapers", "Daddy, I am your boy but you have to relocate me, pay all my bills, and give me an allowance"). In other words, most who have shown interest on other sites seem to look to me for what I can do for them and rather than looking to how we can help each other. It's pushed me to be jaded and that is a bad thing.

Daddy Eric
    Heya Eric, Welcome to ADISC!

Like kiwidl said, we strive to make this site different in many ways to other ABDL/Fetish sites. We don't consider ourself a fetish site at all, even though several on here would consider their interest in diapers or baby play a fetish. But there are just as many others that don't consider it to be that. Not only is bugging a member about being a daddy frowned upon, if it crosses the line into "Buy me stuff! Give me money! or Meet me in real life!" then it is actually against our rules. ADISC is not a meetup site, not a dating site, not a adult website. It is a supportive community.

That doesn't mean you have to come in to get or give support. Part of giving support is just giving someone a fun place to come and hang out online and talk with their friends. And the best way to make friends is to get to know someone, not just say, "Oooo! He's a daddy! i want to be his friend!" So.... I can definitely vouch for this site and say it is VERY different than others, and I tend to keep it that way. :P

If you see anyone that is making it into "Just another diaper site", then please report them by clicking the little triangle on the bottom left of the post. Our Staff and safety team strive to keep this place different and will definitely respond. Thanks for giving us a chance, and I hope we live up to your expectations.

Welcome again!

Hello,

Daddy Eric
    Hi Eric What are your some of your top sci-fi films? I like Sigourney Weaver and the Aliens movies, original Star Trek and original Star Wars. I've worked my through some of the older sci-fi films as well. Maybe we can compare notes about movies and movie stars.

Quote Originally Posted by keepindl View Post
    Hi Eric What are your some of your top sci-fi films? I like Sigourney Weaver and the Aliens movies, original Star Trek and original Star Wars. I've worked my through some of the older sci-fi films as well. Maybe we can compare notes about movies and movie stars.
    I did enjoy all the Alien movies (I have all the originals as well as the director's cut version....and you haven't seen the director's cut of Aliens (no 2), you haven't seen the movie as intended. I found the last Alien movie provided some over the top characters. A bit disappointing since the first 2 really kept the characters realistic. I enjoy Star Wars, Terminator Series, as well as the Star Trek movies.

I also enjoyed some less than blockbuster movies like Contact and August Rush (Must see if you haven't heard of it, such a sweet story for all lost diaper boys and girls out there)

Thanks to others for responding with welcoming messages.

Daddy Eric

Hello,

Daddy Eric
    Hi Daddy Eric Welcome to ADISC.

Well I know at least 2 people have explained to you but. I can see what you worried about but we are a different here. And as much as I love to find a daddy I'm not gonna PM you and then "offer" me to you. That just ridiculous.

So Daddy Eric I see you like good movies and I know you already told your sci-fi taste. So any other genre you like? Well for me it's Action,Thriller,War,Comedy and yeah I don't really like slasher film or horror.

Well most of the people come to ADISC for support. But there are a lot of people who come to this site for fun!(well like me).

I really hope you're views on ADISC will be different. So far for me ADISC is the best TB/DL related site.

Anyway Nice to meet you and I hope we can see each other more.