Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused...

Default Confused...

I just realized that I am sexually attracted to diapers. I am having a bit of a hard time accepting it. I DO love diapers, and I don't want to get into the whole binge-purge thing. I am just really confused as to what caused this. I never thought of myself as being sexually attracted to diapers at all.

Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense.

babyjasmine

This is actually not all that uncommon among DL's but is also something that many of us find disconcerting. Starting in early childhood physical touch, which in this case happens to be a diaper, can cause some stimulation. Again, this is a natural thing that begins early in life and continues throughout life.

The problem is that when an older child, teen or young adult discovers an interesting diapers it is highly likely that the proximity of the diaper with sensitive body parts will trigger a interest in gratifying the resulting sexual interest. When we do that it creates a sort of imprinting on the trigger and the obvious reward. We also all this a habit and in this case the habit has a powerful trigger and an even more powerful reward. These habits become deeply engrained when repeated many times.

It is possible to alter the habit, or automatic reaction to the stimulus created by the diaper. As a matter or practical application habits actually never go away but they can be altered or modified, and if done properly you will hardly ever notice that the undesired habit ever was there.

For me personally when I was a teen this was the one thing that gave me more grief than anything else related to diapers. I so craved diapers in my life but I did not want them to have this kind of effect on me. I literally just wanted that to go away because it made me not feel little, and I definitely wanted to feel little.

I can't say that I have found a good solution to this issue but I can say that deep meditation and relaxation can help. Resisting the feelings only lasts so long but then I have found that resisting for longer and longer periods of time also helps. Finding another more appropriate outlet for the feelings you are having an also be effective. Regardless of what you do you will have the attraction although it can disappear from conscious recognition.

A couple of weeks ago I also noticed a site that has self hypnosis tapes and one is intended to specifically deal with this issue. I have not ordered it yet and I am not even sure if that specific one has been released, but I am planning on giving it a try.

It could be that you are only concerned about the attraction and that you have no real nearest in changing his part of your life. As long as it doesn't interfere with your ability to have a normal relationship then I would not personally be too concerned. For me it is more of an issue of interfering with my ability to regress properly. I do generally meditate through this so I have the issue handled, but it would be nice to not even experience the physical reaction to the diapers that I personally experience.

Regardless, know that you are not alone and that many of us stand with you in support.

- - - Updated - - -

The hypnosis training I was thinking of comes from http://www.baby-pants.com/hypnosis.php look under Regressed Arousal. It is pretty inexpensive and again I have not yet tried it but I hope to soon. Of course with this type of material may not work for everyone.

I have a different approach to this issue. I'm sexually attracted to diapers too.

To deal with this issue, you need to think about what makes you feel bad about being sexually attracted to diapers and test your assumptions. What about being sexually attracted to diapers are you having a hard time with?

For me, it was the belief that no one I knew would see me in the same light if they found out. Second, I was afraid that me being sexually attracted to diapers would give me a hard time around children.

What did I do to test my assumptions? I went out to my local kink community and participated in discussion groups. When I realized that everyone had different fetishes and that most of them were normal healthy people it made me feel a lot better. Everyone has a dirty secret and you're allowed to have one too. Plus, in being more open with myself and others, I met a girl who is now my partner. (She likes diapers too.)

Secondly, well, life has given me plenty opportunities to be around children. I've had to change babies diapers and hang out around them and all that. Here's what I came up with: Seeing children wear diapers makes me think about diapers. It does not make me attracted to them or their diapers. The context is simply different. Much like seeing them run around naked, it makes you think about being naked yourself, but it doesn't inspire sexual feelings.

SO there you go. I'm a grown man. Perfectly normal, healthy. I have a job, a girlfriend and all that. I also like diapers. I like to wear them, because they make me feel good and they turn me on. As long as other things turn me on too, I don't see why that's not okay!

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheRabbit View Post
    I have a different approach to this issue. I'm sexually attracted to diapers too.

To deal with this issue, you need to think about what makes you feel bad about being sexually attracted to diapers and test your assumptions. What about being sexually attracted to diapers are you having a hard time with?

For me, it was the belief that no one I knew would see me in the same light if they found out. Second, I was afraid that me being sexually attracted to diapers would give me a hard time around children.

What did I do to test my assumptions? I went out to my local kink community and participated in discussion groups. When I realized that everyone had different fetishes and that most of them were normal healthy people it made me feel a lot better. Everyone has a dirty secret and you're allowed to have one too. Plus, in being more open with myself and others, I met a girl who is now my partner. (She likes diapers too.)

Secondly, well, life has given me plenty opportunities to be around children. I've had to change babies diapers and hang out around them and all that. Here's what I came up with: Seeing children wear diapers makes me think about diapers. It does not make me attracted to them or their diapers. The context is simply different. Much like seeing them run around naked, it makes you think about being naked yourself, but it doesn't inspire sexual feelings.

SO there you go. I'm a grown man. Perfectly normal, healthy. I have a job, a girlfriend and all that. I also like diapers. I like to wear them, because they make me feel good and they turn me on. As long as other things turn me on too, I don't see why that's not okay!
    Perfectly said!

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheRabbit View Post

For me it was never a worry about being around children. This line of thinking is where a lot of people outside the community get us confused with those who have a attraction to children. Believe me these are two separate things entirely. Being attached or even sexually attracted to diapers has nothing to do with children, it is just incidental that children are also one of the consumers of diapers, among many others.

For me the only concern about the sexual attraction to diapers is more on the religious side, and I have been concerned about this at times, especially when I was a kid. This is really not something I have worried about for some time now.

When I was married the attraction to diapers did affect my relationship and I believe this is a valid concern for some as well. Again, not something I am concerned about.

For me the thing that bothered me the most about the sexual attraction was that it was not present, at least not in the way it had become, when I was an older child. It is important to note that when I started growing hair down there I was devastated. I wanted to play baby, like I had for years, without other things happening that also happened to interfere with the stimulation and euphoric feelings I had as a child.

I know several people who identify as AB who are not sexual, and a good many who can be but don't want to be, at least in context with the diapers.

I see! That's very interesting and very different than what I've experienced.

I was a dormant abdl till I was about 15. Puberty had already set in before I realized I really was attached to diapers.

I see nothing wrong with being sexually attracted to diapers. I sometimes wish they weren't sexual for me. Why? Because I like wearing them and they make me happy and some people compare diapers to condoms and underwear and bras and think it's shoving it in other peoples faces when you wear around them. I just want to yell WTF, why should I not be able to wear one in public just because I find them sexual. They are under my clothes and what I wear under there is my own damn business. Underwear is sexy and so are bras and if a guy can wear them under his clothes in public, why can't I wear a diaper under mine? if men can cross dress out in public, why can't I wear a diaper in public?

To me diapers are a innocent thing to wear and they don't hurt anyone. So what if they are sexual for me. They're my underwear too except I don't have to hold it or go to the bathroom. I can just do it in my pants and no one will know. I even find peeing in them sexual too and oh boy I do that in public so I am sure some will compare that to masturbation and I be like Oh for fuck's sake. No one knows I am wetting myself vs someone masturbating. You can tell when someone is doing that but you can't tell someone is peeing.

So it's AB/DLs opinions about diapers that makes me wish they were not sexual for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I see nothing wrong with being sexually attracted to diapers. I sometimes wish they weren't sexual for me. Why? Because I like wearing them and they make me happy and some people compare diapers to condoms and underwear and bras and think it's shoving it in other peoples faces when you wear around them. I just want to yell WTF, why should I not be able to wear one in public just because I find them sexual. They are under my clothes and what I wear under there is my own damn business. Underwear is sexy and so are bras and if a guy can wear them under his clothes in public, why can't I wear a diaper under mine? if men can cross dress out in public, why can't I wear a diaper in public?

To me diapers are a innocent thing to wear and they don't hurt anyone. So what if they are sexual for me. They're my underwear too except I don't have to hold it or go to the bathroom. I can just do it in my pants and no one will know. I even find peeing in them sexual too and oh boy I do that in public so I am sure some will compare that to masturbation and I be like Oh for fuck's sake. No one knows I am wetting myself vs someone masturbating. You can tell when someone is doing that but you can't tell someone is peeing.

So it's AB/DLs opinions about diapers that makes me wish they were not sexual for me.
    Nope, nothing wrong with them being sexual for anyone especially if that is what they want and they are good with it.

BigC300

Default Confused...

Quote Originally Posted by babyjasmine View Post
    I just realized that I am sexually attracted to diapers. I am having a bit of a hard time accepting it. I DO love diapers, and I don't want to get into the whole binge-purge thing. I am just really confused as to what caused this. I never thought of myself as being sexually attracted to diapers at all.

Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense.

babyjasmine
    You are not alone! The sight of a beautiful fresh clean bright white cotton prefold diaper will make my penis start exploding like a Saturn IV Rocket on the launch pad! There are a lot worse afflictions you could have. You could be addicted to tobacco, alcoholic beverages, drugs. In the grand scheme of things you are pretty normal!

As all the people above has most likely said, you are not alone. Truth is it may be really really confusing... I know I was very confused starting out. I discovered sexuality through diapers without intending to, and it was always confusing to me. Truth is if you don't want to be attracted then just don't be I know that sounds dumb, but you have control over yourself no other force is controlling you. If it feels right and if it is something you feel you can't get rid of for any old reason then learn to accept it because your body enjoys it and that's important. I do not know your religious belief but my philosophy is you only get one chance at life with your current set of skills and your current mind make the best of it you can.

Good luck friend.