Thread: Howdy from SoCal!

Wink Howdy from SoCal!

Hello everyone! It's wonderful to finally have the courage to join up with you folks. I've been aware of ADISC for probably over a decade now and I finally thought to sign up and say hello.

So why did I come here? Mostly to make friends. Friendly friends. Without going on and being too maudlin I moved here to SoCal from Upstate New York a good five or six years ago and found I was having a rather tough time making friends since I was long out of school and not much of a bar attendee.

I've been having a swell enough time out here with my partner and with my work but from time to time I miss having just a safe old place to pop my head into. So many interest groups both online and in person that I have met with over the years have just been so abrasive and judgmental. I deal with it as much as I can. I'm a bit of an amateur artist so I'm willing to be present for that sort of community in certain contexts, but more and more I've been desiring a safe place to meet friends.

Long, long ago when I was first introduced to ABDLs and the like (fast forwarding past my initial confusion/revulsion) I remember having this wonderful sense of safety amongst my peers. It was so wonderful, even in a simple IRC chatroom, to have that feeling of welcome and comfort. I suppose my goal in being here is to regain that feeling I felt some 10+ years ago when I was an older teen exploring his younger side.

My interests are pretty varied. As mentioned before I'm a bit of an amateur artist. I fancy drawing cartoon type stuff with a heavy emphasis on anthros and animals (I blame the 80s) while occasionally doing the more realistic or grittier stuff when the mood takes me. I rather got into doing babyfur art at one point and still kind of consider that my bread + butter and (usually) the most fun thing to draw. Much like many of my generation I like me some video games and I love fun toys and plush. I'm also pretty into movies and cartoons and such when I can make the time to see them.

My personal involvement as far as ABDL is concerned has been complicated and all about over the years. Primarily I find myself to be a child inside, often needing time outside to play and enjoy what the world has to offer. I am often labeled into the babyfur group seeing as I tend to identify by my animal totem, draw a good deal of furry art, and have plenty of furry friends, but I've never been a giant fan of segregating people by labels and interests. I'm really just a guy who's also a bear (if you see on that wavelength) who has an inner child that needs fun and hugs as necessary.

I, personally, am not all that into diapers. It has been a point of contention with many many ABs and babyfurs that I know but I just try to chuckle and be understanding and hope they will too. I just don't have a personal desire to wear them for fun and I don't really need to wear them as a utility (although I may need some sort of sleep time solution soon... but that's another story) so I just don't. So hopefully y'all will be cool having a babyfur around who doesn't like to wear the crinklies. I don't have anything really against them, they're just not my bag.

Uuuhhh.. I think this intro has rambled on enough. I hope it's suitable to let you get to know me. If you have any questions or if you just want to chat with me a bit, please feel free to reply! As indicated above I am certainly interested in meeting fun and chatty friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhardt View Post
    Hello everyone! It's wonderful to finally have the courage to join up with you folks. I've been aware of ADISC for probably over a decade now and I finally thought to sign up and say hello.
    Excellent introduction! I just wanted to welcome you to the community. Its not often we see such well-rounded first posts. I'm sure you'll stick around for a while, so I should mention that we have an IRC chat and a special forum for Established Contributors. You gain access to them if you keep posting - both are worth the effort.

Hope to see you around

Thank you so much! I'm a bit afraid I will run out of things to say very quickly but I would love very much to help contribute to the community. I cherish a friendly forum like solid gold. It would be so wonderful to help maintain it as such.