Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bronies..please explain

Question Bronies..please explain

Alright...so I have been in the diaper scene since I was a little boy and I honestly thought that I had seen everything...but now I am truly at a loss. My cousins husband (he's my age) has this obsession with My Little Pony and lights up when you bring it up..I was unaware that this was a thing and I am confused...is it just the show? is it a fur thing (that's why I posted it here)? is this a new thing or have I just been ignorant about this? Is there a sexual aspect, I have heard that there was...and then...why?

I really dont look down on anyone for anything but I usually kinda get where people are coming from with heir little kinks and pleasures...but this one is flying right over my head and whenever I see my cousins husband it's all I can think about...

like, you know the part in Austin Powers where Austin sees the guy with the mole? moley moley moley molllllllllllllle, that's how I feel.

Set me straight about this...please

BA

Have you watched any of the episodes online? I'f you haven't watch an episode or two.

Its just one of those weird internet things. Its an awesome show no one really knows why.

Quote Originally Posted by babyavi View Post
    Alright...so I have been in the diaper scene since I was a little boy and I honestly thought that I had seen everything...but now I am truly at a loss. My cousins husband (he's my age) has this obsession with My Little Pony and lights up when you bring it up..I was unaware that this was a thing and I am confused...
    A lot of people are initially when they learn about people like me, bronies... I'll try to answer your questions as best I can though.

is it just the show?
    It is not just the show, for most people it is a combination of the community, the fan work, and the show... The thing is that the show is something that was, despite it's original targeted audience, quite good. The producer of the show, Lauren Faust was previously known for working on her Husband's (Craig McCracken) show "The Powerpuff girls", and for producing "Fosters home for imaginary friends". These shows have their own followings as well, but not nearly as notably as My Little Pony though.

is it a fur thing (that's why I posted it here)?
    Nope, while I won't deny that there are likely some that like it because of anthropomorphic properties of the ponies, most bronies are not furries in any way.

is this a new thing or have I just been ignorant about this?
    The Pony craze started almost two years ago... It was subtle for the first little bit, but it exploded in popularity about a year and a half ago... You can very seldom Google image search anything without a pony picture coming up. So I will leave it to you to answer that. :p

Is there a sexual aspect, I have heard that there was...and then...why?
    No, it is a common myth that bronies are in it for the rule 34, and for "Clopping" as we call it (Which is like a pony version of Yiffing). There are some that like that kind of thing, but most bronies don't engage in such things...

I really dont look down on anyone for anything but I usually kinda get where people are coming from with heir little kinks and pleasures...but this one is flying right over my head and whenever I see my cousins husband it's all I can think about...
    It's not a kink, it's an interest, very much like how I like Pokemon as well...

Bronies, usually like My Little Pony for one of three reasons... Many really like the fresh-crisp animation and stylization of the series, the aesthetics behind things. I honestly think that the art in the series is adorable, and it's hard not to feel happy after watching an episode. This greatly contributes to it.

Many like it for the plot, the stories are generally quite entertaining, well written, and overall fun to watch... There is a surprisingly deep amount of content in most episodes, subtle details, the way things eventually play out, all sorts of things.

Most people that enjoy cartoons will likely like the above two reasons a fair amount.

The third reason is where I primarily come from in my interest, and that is the fan work... There is an incredible amount of content being created, gigabytes per minute of content, and usually, the content is actually very high quality...

There are parodies and references to almost everything:

There is lots of original work, compositions, music, animations, and other arts created commonly.
    Here is a ~20 minute freestyle Swag rap megamix:

People are working on a fighting game called "Fighting is Magic":
    MLP: Fighting is Magic - PreAlpha - YouTube

The content you'll find made by the fans is just incredible.

You just... have to watch it.

It's just a really, really good show.

This is a good episode to start:

Of course you pick the episode I like the least. :V

I recommend this one... It has a good mix of story, change, action, and many of the things I mentioned above.
    It is the most relevant to what I had previously mentioned. It also happens to be a good episode.

I present you with Read it and Weep!
    Last edited by thingywhat; 25-Oct-2012 at 05:30.

Cygnus

I can't say why people enjoy it so much. It is a good show, but I don't have the same level of affinity for it as some people do.

I can assure you, however, that it's not an exclusively furry thing. There are furries who are bronies as well, but the two don't have any connection.

A lot of people hear about it from youtube PMV's or Poops and go, ok, well I'm going to watch this show. And they do. And it's not bad. Then they find the fan content. I'm surprised, having been part of many fandoms before, the sheer AMMOUNT of well-produced fan content that comes from this show. I could link to many PMV's many Poops many original songs, artwork and the like and barely scratch the surface the amount of content that this fandom has created. Long gone are the days of hastily prepared fanfiction, fan sites where people talked about aspects of the show... But I wax poetic about a topic I should really write a paper on...

The reason I became interested in My Little Pony is mainly because of the content is generally funny, the characters are 3 dimensional (Except Applejack, hate me if you must...), and the plot is complicated enough an adult can watch without thinking they're going nuts. I grew up in the era of the original ponies. They were OK at best, I was watching duck tales and rainbow brite while that show was causing diabetes. I do vaguely remember the plastic legs being a really nice tasting plastic. I think this was why I was forbidden to have one of them myself.

So, the TL;DR: People come for the Pony, stay for the fan content. Also plastic ponies taste good.

Flash animation is everything that is wrong with the world *sighs*

From what I know the word "bronies" was made for guys who watched it because they felt embarrased about it and less manly supposively.

if you really really want to know why, this explains the whole thing pretty thoroughly: