• Prefer Reusable Cloth

0 0%
  • Prefer Disposable

51 63.75%
  • Not Into Diapers

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Look For Most In a Diaper?

Question What Do You Look For Most In a Diaper?

For active users, of course you want a good fit and absorbency you can have confidence in to not have leaks. Others, who just like the feel of wearing, but not interested that much in using them could look for something else when picking a diaper brand. Then there's also preferences in disposable or cloth diapers among users. So, what are the most important thing(s) you consider when picking a diaper type/brand to purchase? Multiple choice poll to follow.
    Last edited by Pramrider; 05-Nov-2008 at 06:41.

The backing. The tapes being refastenable I don't care much about. But if I mess up and have to redo the tapes right after, I'd like to not be afraid of ripping the backing right off the diaper. Also, I want a cloth backing with a decent velcro tape. Thats ideal for me.

Lastly, six tapes have worked best for me, so thats also a plus

I look for something with a lot of absorbency, the ability to fit well to my body and stay snug for hours when being active. I also prefer something with excellent leak guards and frontal protection. I don't really care about looks, color or whether they are cloth backed or plastic backed, though most of what I have found that work well for me are plastic backed as the cloth backed style on many seem to have a tendency to rip if I try to get them tight enough to be effective for me.

You left off the tapes, which is one of the first things I look at. The weird dual tapes, used by Abena, Dry24/7, Molicare, etc. are one the worst ideas I have ever seen in a diaper. I have never gotten any of them to stay stuck for more than a few minutes, I just end up pulling out the duck tape.

i like my diapers thick. the thicker the better. i like the way it feels but im alsp a heavy wetter, so it needs to be able to absorb. i also like the outside to be plastic and crinkle. i dont put the diapers on myself, but i know that my bf likes tapes that cant be refastened.

*also

*can

sorry.
    Last edited by Martin; 06-Nov-2008 at 17:54. Reason: Merging doublepost, use the edit button

Any diaper that I wear needs to have good tapes, yet not be too big that the tapes end up touching each other. Being a smaller person living in a world where most clothes, etc. are made in abundance for larger people, size becomes a major issue. Absorbency is also key, and the ability for the diaper to not sag after one or two wettings is big too, as that causes them to leak. Secure xplus have the best tapes out there, but I have settled on abena xplus and tranquility ATN depending on where I am going, what I'm going to be doing, and how long I'll be away.

I want it all: fit; absorbency; tapes that stick; discreetness; and value. I've settled on Abena and use 1" wide waterproof adhesive tape to keep them on. I do not trust the Abena tapes from too many failures and wouldn't even know if they have improved in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
    i like my diapers thick. the thicker the better. i like the way it feels but im alsp a heavy wetter, so it needs to be able to absorb. i also like the outside to be plastic and crinkle. i dont put the diapers on myself, but i know that my bf likes tapes that cant be refastened.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
    *also

*can

sorry.
    There's an edit button, you know...It looks like this:

I am not especially experienced in this are (read practically zero experience) but I think I know what would appeal, even if I might not be able to get it. First and foremost it would have to be comfortable. If I am uncomfortable wearing it I won't be able to enjoy it.

Another thing that is important for me is absorbency. Part of my limited experience results in flooding, even though I don't want to. Also, I know my skin is pretty tough and can stand up to a lot, so I want a diaper that can last long. However, they can't be too think with this absorbency - I need some discretion until I get comfortable that people won't notice.

Until I get used to it, I would also like one with refastenable tapes. I need a hella lot a practice before I can get a diaper with tapes right first time. When I can get some, refastenable tapes will be a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    There's an edit button, you know...It looks like this:
    And are you sure newbies can edit? Last I heard, they weren't able to