Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diapers messing you bladder up

Default Diapers messing you bladder up

Anyone here ever feel they have messed their bladder up from wearing diapers?

I know it makes changes to it like making it smaller or losing bladder control or making you feel you have to go more often.

What it has done to me is I feel I have to go often and it even keeps me up at night when trying to sleep because I have to keep getting out of bed. But with a diaper on, I can sleep better because I feel the less urge to go. Same as during the day. But yet not much comes out when I go even though it felt I had to go bad. I have quit wearing 24/7 in the past because I figured the longer I hold it, I will get used to it again and I will stop feeling I have to go all the time. but it never happened. Only time it did was when I had my baby, I stopped feeling the urge I had to go so i had to remember to go to the bathroom to empty out my bladder and then around six months postpartum, it came back. I felt I had to go all the time. So after hours of holding it and then going, it didn't train my bladder to alert me to go when it's at least two cups full. This might be permanent and it is hard to re train your adult bladder.

Another effect it has done is, when I have to go pee and no matter how bad I have to go, I have to push it out or else it won't empty out completely. But yet in my diaper I can go very well in it as if I am doing it in the toilet. I have diaper trained my body.

So what changes have diapers done to your bladder?

I don't wear as often as you do, so the changes in my case are smaller, but I definitely noticed that my bladder became more sensitive than it was some years ago.

I can still hold it as much as I like, but I'll start feeling it filling up before it's halfway its capacity. As I said, this doesn't affect control, but being around with the pee stimulus in my head is pretty annoying, which leads me to visiting the toilet more often than the average joe. If I want/need to avoid that happening, I'll have to limit my liquids intake. This also probably means that my bladder size is progressively shrinking, as I don't let it fill up as much as before.

You could call these the side effects of being a DL

I'm not a doctor, nor a psychiatrist.....but....I think it's more psychological than physical. I wore 24/7 for a year 'n a half 'n had no noticeable change in my bladder's capacity or urges. Sooooooo...

Whell, my boyfriend is quite incontinent at this point (he peed on me during a change!) partially due to his diapered state. I will say that without any experience it seems pretty plausible that a constantly diaper lifestyle would at the least up your urges to go.

I have an over active bladder already. I do think I can't hold it as long and my urges are more frequent but it could be psychological too. Since I wear 24/7 I think I'm so use to just letting go. I can go pee while, walking, running, driving, laying down I think almost any way.

Quote Originally Posted by BambinoPants View Post
    I have an over active bladder already. I do think I can't hold it as long and my urges are more frequent but it could be psychological too. Since I wear 24/7 I think I'm so use to just letting go. I can go pee while, walking, running, driving, laying down I think almost any way.
    I'm kind of in the same situation you are. When I'm out during the day walking where ever I go. I don't have to worry about trying to find a place to go pee. I also wear 24/7 and can

pee at anytime. I also think that my bladder doesn't totally fill up. Whenever the urge comes on I go.

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    Whell, my boyfriend is quite incontinent at this point (he peed on me during a change!) partially due to his diapered state.
    That's awesome! I wish I could do that to my girlfriend! How cute!

I'll throw out my experience too.

Recently I've been getting more and more into wearing diapers and for longer periods of time. Since I've just been letting go more frequently I have noticed it hardly takes any pressure at all without anything covering my member to have urine flow (before I take a shower). At one point yesterday I had the urge and a second later I had to stop myself from it coming out.

This is within less than a week of not 24/7, so I'm surprised that it's had any impact at all on my body already. I can still hold it, but I've noticed it's slightly harder than usually.

AbsolutelyFabulous

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    Whell, my boyfriend is quite incontinent at this point (he peed on me during a change!) partially due to his diapered state. I will say that without any experience it seems pretty plausible that a constantly diaper lifestyle would at the least up your urges to go.
    That must have been embarrassing for him!

Cloudchaser

Absolutely, at school just a few days ago I tinkled a huge amount, but not enough to see from my pants, but my underwear was soaked.... Just on the verge of soaking my pants... I need to stop long term wearing until I'm out of school... :p