Thread: If the current social cycle of humans was expunged from the planet, which animal might take their place, at the top of the food chain?

Default If the current social cycle of humans was expunged from the planet, which animal might take their place, at the top of the food chain?

Well, It is a well off topic question. .

Ooh...

Well, it would predominantly be a land/air/sea battle, so there would technically be three new apex predators since humans would be eliminated from the race. In the SEA? We'd probably have a tie between Killer Whales and Sharks, though I believe Sharks > Killer Whales (and Sharks are NOT FISH! THEY ARE MAMMALS!) In the Air? The mighty Albatross, thank you very much, though the Eagle could hunt in packs and overpower an Albatross. And finally, on Land, there would be far too many to speak of since there's just so many different land masses, but Lions and Bears would be up there.

in my region probbly Wolves as they are the only highly populated predatory animal left in this area. but ive always had a love for wolves since i had my first "dog" (was actually a timber wolf that lost its mamma to our neibor, best friend i ever had he sadly got put down when i was 10 after attacking and almost killing a home invader)

Yea, complete randomness. Anyway I'd guess in the UK foxes would continue to expand on the land, however due to their size I'm not sure if they'd become the dominant mammal, perhaps leaving the way for a dominant herbivore too, with mebbe the owls and kestrels forming some kinda air supremacy truce. Whilst in the water I guess the pecking order would be dictated by the size of fish, their teeth and individual tastes, with an entirely different hierarchy established amongst the crawling crustaceans

Here in new Zealand it would be large numbers of introduced pests.

In my opinion, dolphins would become the rulers of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by huskvarna View Post
    Here in new Zealand it would be large numbers of introduced pests.
    Unfortunately, this is true. I would like to personally be present at the trial of whoever was intelligent enough to introduce possums, ferrets, stoats, goats and god knows what else.