Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox on the verge of red-ringing?!

Default Xbox on the verge of red-ringing?!

I got this weird problem with my xbox. With Fable II, GTAIV, Rainbow Six Vegas I/II... I have a very weird video problem. During gameplay, the display is BORKED. There's this funky spiraling effect, everything is RED, and the image is terrible garbled.

BUT! this only happens on gameplay. My Dashboard is perfectly fine, start menus in the game, pause screens, achievement/friend notifications are all fine. So what's going on?

My son plays a lot of X-box. When he's had trouble, its usually been the hard drive. Maybe you have a bad sector

!!!

Dogboy, you rock!! I took out the hard drive and turned on the system, and it worked!! The system works perfect now... except now I have to figure out how to play without a hard drive... Thanks again, I just figured out the problem. Now I need a solution.

How about buying a replacement hard drive? I know there are things you can buy that will let you transfer the information if Xbox doesn't let you...Or you could use a memory card for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    If I had any money I guess that would work XP
    Well that could be a problem...

MM3,

If you have any old USB hard-drives around, I *believe* there are some non-mod tricks you can do to get your Xbox to function off of one. Check online and see what you can find.

Also, if you can, maybe a friend has a portable memory unit that you can copy your files to in the meantime? Good luck!

If you bought your X-box semi recently, it may be covered by warranty. It's a problem x-box has been having. I think my son is on hard drive #3. He really plays it a lot. I got one for Christmas, but between two jobs and putting my wife on the dialysis machine every night you can imagine where my time goes. Anyway, Christmas break I'll get some time. Also this site takes my time now..haha. Anyway, glad I could help. You're one of my favorites on the site, anyway.

WIN, Dogboy pwnd that xbox problem.

How long does the Warranty last. I have a LAWNCH Xbox, and it hasn't red ringed or anything even after 0-10 hrs of my friend playing CoD2 campaign. If it red rings, I am sending it in, and they are fixing it, FREE, I don't care if the warranty expired.

WIN, Dogboy pwnd that xbox problem.

How long does the Warranty last. I have a LAWNCH Xbox, and it hasn't red ringed or anything even after 0-10 hrs of my friend playing CoD2 campaign. If it red rings, I am sending it in, and they are fixing it, FREE, I don't care if the warranty expired.