Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gravity Falls

Default Gravity Falls

Yeah a good cartoon show on Disney finally.

I just started watching it this week and I've been please with what i've seen. It's still somewhat randomish (look up Mabel Smile Dip). But still cute and charming. So anyone else watching it or will be after this awesome intro?

I have been considering watching it for a while now. It seems to be up in that tier of really good animated TV shows that have been released in the past few years, like My Little Pony FiM, Adventure Time, etc

And in all honesty, it looks really good. From that intro alone, the animation looks nice and fluid, plus the idea is also really nice. But what REALLY grabs my attention that it is a DISNEY show. DISNEY, the once proud company that dipped into mediocrity after making nothing but horrible live shows and movies starring generic Barbies and Kens.

So yeah, might give it a try

It does seem pretty awesome, it's too bad that I don't get Disney channel so I can watch it. The only good thing Disney channel had was a few of its movies like Smart House. Other than that the shows have sucked.

That show is hilarious, I love the one where they find out who the real founder of the town is. And Summerween is funny too, I'm surprised to see it on disney considering its so good. The voice actor for mabel is the same voice actor for the girl in bobs burgers.

The animation style looks exactly like another show I can't put my finger on and it's bugging the crud outa me.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    The animation style looks exactly like another show I can't put my finger on and it's bugging the crud outa me.
    I know how you feel. I've watched 5 episodes, and the animation seems so familiar. I just can't put my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    I know how you feel. I've watched 5 episodes, and the animation seems so familiar. I just can't put my finger on it.
    OMG I just looked him up and now I know why it's familiar. The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack! I miss that show, I never see it anymore, it was so great though.

Alex Hirsch is the creator, when I googled him, it came up with that. You can really see the similarities in body style of the characters as well as facial.

I like the little girl getting high on candy. What was in that candy anyway? I baby sit the dog early in the morning. I'll have to look for this on Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I like the little girl getting high on candy. What was in that candy anyway? I baby sit the dog early in the morning. I'll have to look for this on Disney.
    Fun Dip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I used to eat it all the time. Never got any acid like trips on it though.