Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to let the child out?

Default What do you do to let the child out?

What do you notice yourself doing publicly that let's you bring out the child from within?

I do the following:

I joke around, laugh, and sing.
    I use the "force" to open the grocery store doors.
    If a button says push... well... I gotta push it!
    I always make sure I walk through the toy aisle.

I am sure I do way more than this but this is what I could think of right now...

Oh yeah you got to do the force but, when I'm in a rush and forget to do it I get alittle sad.
    I'v not gone to the toy aisle in years.
    I do check the baby aisle and adult diaper aisle.
    I allways get told that I act like a two year old.
    I do pout and, stomp my foot when I don't get my way, thats when I get told not to act like a two year old.
    That happends alot!
    I could tell you more but, I dont want to make myself look like the brat I really is.

If I'm entering a room that I know has motion sensor lights, I always try to say "lumos" at the right time.

Whenever I get really happy I tend to spin around a lot (especially if I'm wearing a skirt - I love the way skirts billow out). Sometimes I even skip, but that's a bit more rare. Not sure if it counts, but I love to wear bows and ribbons, in public or any time. (: I like to call my friends names whenever they say something I don't like (like, "Sorry, I can't come over today"); sometimes we both get really into it and that's fun. I pout sometimes, too.

when the side walk has a curb I like to walk it like a balance beam.

I also need to be the one to push a button on the elevator

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    I use the "force" to open the grocery store doors.
    I wouldn't call that letting your inner child out, I'd say that is the only correct thing to do.

If something displeases me I tend to whine and say nnnn, don lyke iiiitt...
    Ppl who usually sleep in the bed/ room with me for the first time are shocked because most people think. Am too mature for my age but apparently the firs hour I'm awake I start from a two year old, until I get 23 again lol
    Tend to chew my nails or bite my lip
    I'm a giggler..

It's not so much a case of "letting the child out" for me as it is maintaining some level of composure :P

Lets see, the other day at work I insisted on keeping a toy chick on my counter (I work in a shop) and was playing with my workmates who would keep trying to steal it, then as I was working the late shift and no one was around to object, I started walking around with a cowboy hat and a big plastic star on my chest pretending to be the sheriff

What an awesome question!

I go down the toy isle as well. Just dropping into toy stores too, so much fun.
    I like gliding around on shopping carts.
    Having fun on playground equipement.
    +1 on the force!
    Pressing all the buttons in an elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyyellow View Post
    Having fun on playground equipment.

Also, checking out baby gear items on display at a local Target store
    I've even ridden one of those coin op horses outside a store very early in the morning when no one was around on several occasions, while on the way to work.