Thread: Best way to clean bottles and components?

Default Best way to clean bottles and components?

Hi guys,

Eventually I plan on buying three of cosyndry's Mickey Mouse bottles, and I was wondering, what's the best way of cleaning the bottles and their components? Dishwasher? Washing by hand in the sink? If someone could answer my question I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your help, guys!

Scootalooo

Quote Originally Posted by memorychick View Post
    Hi guys,

Eventually I plan on buying three of cosyndry's Mickey Mouse bottles, and I was wondering, what's the best way of cleaning the bottles and their components? Dishwasher? Washing by hand in the sink? If someone could answer my question I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your help, guys!
    Dishwasher always works fine for me, but if you decided to sink wash you can get special baby bottle cleaning brushes from the baby section of supermarket type places etc

There isn't really a 'best way' dishwasher does the job and it's easier, but sink washing is also a way that works

Well I don't have a dishwasher so I would say hand washing.
    Last edited by Trevor; 18-Oct-2012 at 06:43. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

I handwash mine. I use a foam sponge style brush to clean inside the bottle.

If using a dishwasher is okay, then hopefully when I move out of the home I currently live in, I'll have a dishwasher that I can use...I HATE washing dishes, etc by hand!

I do not like washing my bottles in the dishwasher. It leaves funny stuff on them and they taste funny like soap. I use a bottle washer that I got from walmart.

My chem lab teacher would say to rinse with acetone, and then use soapy water and a brush, but should you be fine with just soapy water and a brush. I haven't really trusted my dishwasher since it started returning utensils with weird stuff on them.

The groceries stores sell a special brush in the baby section to clean the bottle and nipple. I do mine and the kid's I raised so many years ago in the sink with hot soapy water & rinse well.

I sink wash mine and it seems to be fine every time.

Loool!
    Here, have this fork, I have "improved" it!

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post
    I haven't really trusted my dishwasher since it started returning utensils with weird stuff on them.