Thread: ABDL Part of me

Default ABDL Part of me

hi everyone well i was thinking Ive been somewhat sad
    but i never understood how i became abdl i mean i started dl when i was really young but then after a while i kinda got into being a ab
    i think that the reason why im a abdl is probably from the stress i had growing up i mean father was an alcoholic parents got divorced and such i just wish i wasn't forced to grow up so fast i don't mean to get on anyones nerves i just had to speak that ill be heading to see my therapist in a few mins

CrinklySiren

Is there a question in there? lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1ObsoleteBaby View Post
    Is there a question in there? lol
    I don't see a question mark. Or any other punctuation. Or any capital letters

Digicub - It could be stress-induced, or it might just be who you are! I find it best not to worry why I'm ABDL but if you're worried I think this is a good topic of discussion for you and your therapist!

im glad tho i have good friends who have accepted that
    and dont judge me i love being abdl but sometimes its
    stressful sorry i kinda suck at making posts

- - - Updated - - -

my question is why are we look on as freaks by some people ???

There really seems to be two questions here, even though there really doesn't need to be a question.

How or why did I become AB/DL?

This really is a classic question that can not always be answered because it is often related to a time in life that we do not readily remember. After tremendous research and consideration it is obvious the causes are extremely varied. For some it was a moment of curiosity, for others it starts as some sort of drive or compulsion.

One thing that is often looked at as a cause is bed wetting. The idea is that some kids are diapered and this experience leads to later interest in diapers. It is typical that we do not remember our babyhood consciously, with some exceptions, so being diapered in later childhood might be the catalyst for remembering the sweet things from those baby years. I believe this is a factor but likely not significant.

My personal belief is that bed wetting is a symptom of a deeper issue much like the AB/DL thing is likely to be. What I am saying is that there is such a high incidence of other favors that occur in the very early childhood years that I believe are far more likely to exhibit in later years as bed wetting, diaper interest and attraction, regressive issues, etc. The factors likely include too early or too aggressive potty training, nurture issues (like a baby that is not properly or adequately nurtured, this would include bonding issues), abuse and humiliation issues (emotional and physical included), divorce, conflict and stress filled childhoods, etc.

Lots of behavioral issues can result from these factors including regressive behaviors, aggressive behaviors, attachment disorders, controlling and stubbornness issues. One well supported theory is that many young children will resort to controlling the only part of there lives that they have total dominion over, basically there bowels. What happens is that many of these children will withhold going to the bathroom, often resulting in encopresis, constipation issues and surprisingly bed wetting. In my own case I always wanted to mess in a diaper, even after they had been taken from me at potty training, so I would often hold it until I was really blocked up as a kid. I recall this being the case from a very early age. I also had a very chronic issue with bed wetting. Again there is a lot if research to back this theory up, not just my personal experience.

In your case I would suspect there is a close relationship with the alcoholism, divorce and shortened childhood. All factors that I believe are significant contributors to these sorts of issues.

Why are we looked at as freaks by some people?

I believe this really goes back to the way most people are potty trained. There is another recent thread dealing with the stigma of diapers that also has some really good posts. In any case, parents often shame there children and sometimes even punish them out of diapers. The idea is that if you remember your mom telling you that diapers are bad, nasty, wrong, etc you are likely to integrate this into your belief system. Never mind that diapers are a great way of preventing a mess from going everywhere, basically what would happen if a baby were to be allowed to wander the house pooping and peeing everywhere. I believe this also causes a lot if confusion in children because one day mom is changing there diapers, which is often a very loving and nurturing activity, then when potty training starts diapers are all of a sudden bad. Babies associate diapers with love, care, tenderness, touch (a very powerful part of being a baby).

Ask yourself how you feel and how others seem I feel about a well diapered baby. Often the though or comment is that the baby is so cute, often cute diaper. But when a kid gets to potty training age, or older, most people will look at it as a negative thing if the kid still had a diaper.

Of course there is the dirtiness factor that goes into this as well.

thanks for the response and yeah the more i think about it your points do make sense
    i remember i had bed wetting problem as well i couldnt control my bladder so i was made to
    wear them a part of me feel ashamed but a part of me was glad i was back in them
    i remember vividly my cousin coming over my house and asking why i was wearing i told him he understood that was when i was around 9 i didn't i fully get control of the bed wetting problem till i was a freshman in high school
    i know that my abdl side is a way for me to feel safe to be myself and stop being so stressful i am calm cool person but i love talking to people about their opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Digicub View Post
    hi everyone well i was thinking Ive been somewhat sad
    but i never understood how i became abdl i mean i started dl when i was really young but then after a while i kinda got into being a ab
    i think that the reason why im a abdl is probably from the stress i had growing up i mean father was an alcoholic parents got divorced and such i just wish i wasn't forced to grow up so fast i don't mean to get on anyones nerves i just had to speak that ill be heading to see my therapist in a few mins
    Looks like my life-story. May be, but I'm not sure about. There something more. You remeber any trigger ? I know that my one.

when i was a kid i always thought bouts problems and such i was stressed
    bullying didnt help either