Thread: Plastic pants

Default Plastic pants

Hi everyone. I've been having some leakage issues at night and I'm considering plastic pants. I wear ATN and have been for a couple years, but recently I've had some leaks. Not because of capacity, but I think because of the way I am laying when I wet. I tend to move around while I sleep so I'm not sure what position I'm in when I wet at night. The leaks aren't bad when they happen, but I don't want to ruin my bed. I've never used plastic pants before so I don't know what to get. How heavy should they be, what brand, highrise or no, snap closure or pull-up? I need some help on this one. Thanks everyone!

Plastic pants won't be able to stop a leak unless it is very minor, but they can buy you some time. You might want to look into the terry-toweling lined plastic pants - they're supposed to be good for this sort of thing. I'd recommend pull-up style plastic pants if you're wearing disposables and high-rise ones if you're going to be wearing them overnight. The rest is mostly a matter of personal preference. Enjoy

I always wear plastic pants over my nappy at night and I've not had any leaks since I started doing that. Mine are high waisted and pull up rather than snap fastening. I think snaps would defeat the object of wearing them at all since the sides aren't sealed.Word of advice though: get a size bigger than you think you need. The measurements don't account for the nappy.

I have worn rubber pants since I started wearing I personally like the pull up style and the high waisted. I agree buy one size larger due to the diaper. I love the PUL pants as well as the flannel linned rubber pants for nights. These have saved the bed many times.

Pull-on plastic pants are best for overnite use to prevent leaks. I use snap-on ones in the daytime if I am standing or sitting a lot.

I use the leakmaster delux plastic pants with the plastic covered legbands so it doesn't wick wetness though. They are very good and durable and I always use them for cloth and never have a problem. But like others here if you leak and don't have a terry or cloth lined pant, its just going to slowly leak though the legbands and make your pants wet anymore with a disposable, they are really meant for use over cloth diapers.

So if your looking to eliminate leaks while wearing dispossables you'll need a lined plastic pant to recap :p

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Plastic pants won't be able to stop a leak unless it is very minor, but they can buy you some time. .... Enjoy
    I have to disagree with this. I wear cloth diapers and if the plastic pants weren't good at stopping leaks, my bed would always be soaked.

I have a strong preference for PUL pants. They're comfortable, can wash in the machine (or in the sink), dry fast and last, as near as I can tell, forever. But they don't crinkle like poly pants do.

Quote Originally Posted by adasterix View Post
    I have to disagree with this. I wear cloth diapers and if the plastic pants weren't good at stopping leaks, my bed would always be soaked.

I have a strong preference for PUL pants. They're comfortable, can wash in the machine (or in the sink), dry fast and last, as near as I can tell, forever. But they don't crinkle like poly pants do.
    I like PUL as well...very well made. You might want to try a disposable and/or reusable bed liner...they work great for leaks and keep your sheets dry. For bottoms, I just wear my diaper. If I happen to leak, none of my clothes get wet.

Good luck