Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would AB Universe be likely to accommodate my request?

Default Would AB Universe be likely to accommodate my request?

So, I'm thinking of buying ABU's Cushies when I get the chance, and I won't mind if my diapers have to have the teddy bear print or whatever it is, but, three characters I'd like to see on adult diapers are Dora, Diego and Barney. Would it be legal for ABU to feature these characters on their diapers? And if so, are they generally open to customer suggestions like this? Thanks in advance for your help, guys I didn't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking of the diaper design being an option at checkout, like their BabyFresh scent

Well, Dora, Diego and Barney are copyrighted "likenesses" but the names are not,
    But it is possible for them to get permission from the owners to use the images,
    or they could just go without permission, but that risks lawsuit,
    So they probably wont do that, but then again you could always send them an e-mail and they might!

ElijahLee

I am unsure, but since those pictures are trademarked and copyrighted the company would have to ask the company that the photo they want to use first. Meaning if I was going to put spongebob on a product I was going to sell I need permission from the creator of spongebob (or the company of spongebob creators) before putting it on a product that I will sell. However if I wasn't selling the product then it is legal, So I dont think so unless you recommend them to do that. But I think they will be open for suggestions, for selling more products.

it all depends on the price I think. Licensing characters is not going to be cheap more than likely. So if they do it, I'd expect a rather dramatic price increase. Or maybe I'm wrong. Afterall, huggies and pampers put characters on their diapers...then again, much larger market, make up the licensing price easier....I'll shut up now.

Like others have said, having popular characters on your product would involve all sorts of licensing. I would be genuinely surprised if A) the ABDL market is big enough to make a business case for licensed characters remotely viable, and B) that most of the holders of these popular copyrighted characters would be willing to license their intellectual property for use on products for our crowd.

Well, folks, in any case, I sent the email to ABU last night and my fingers are crossed

Default Would AB Universe be likely to accommodate my request?

Never going to happen (legally). No sizable media company in their right mind would ever license a kid's cartoon character for use on an adult diaper for rather self evident reasons.

I would not be willing to say it'll never happen. All sorts of interesting stuff gets licensed. Kiss condoms being at the top of my thoughts list. It's not like if they said yes there's going to be this massive outrage from parents. They likely wouldn't even know. I still don't think it'll happen but I wouldn't be so convinced that it's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    I would not be willing to say it'll never happen. All sorts of interesting stuff gets licensed. Kiss condoms being at the top of my thoughts list. It's not like if they said yes there's going to be this massive outrage from parents. They likely wouldn't even know. I still don't think it'll happen but I wouldn't be so convinced that it's impossible.
    It's not that it's impossible, or it will never happen, but the way people view the AB/DL culture (and sometimes IC people as well) is not generally positive. Most people I know who have said anything about it think it's disgusting, perverted, linked to paedophilia, etc... and any link to that type of image is something the owners of children's icons, such as Dora and Diego, would do well to avoid. The Kiss condoms aren't that strange, as sex is a major part of the whole "rock & roll" image, Spongebob condoms however, would be very odd, and could potentially damage the owning companies' reputation and future profits.

Until the AB/DL image isn't so looked down upon in "normal" society, I wouldn't count on anything like this getting legally licensed. Which, from the standpoint of the companies that own these characters, makes sense. Give it a decade or so, the AB/DL community will hopefully have gained a little more public acceptance by then.

Definitely not likely to happen. ABU would need to license the characters for the particular use and the owners of the characters, including any copyright and trademark, would look at the product and deny the application.

Remember that these characters have a reputation and diluting the reputation is actually not an option.

It would be far easier for ABU to hire good graphic artists that are able to create original characters that have a similar impact, yet that will not infringe on the rights of others.

Again, ABU can try to license the characters but it is not going to happen.