Thread: Starting a new life

Default Starting a new life

As i'm going to Japan next year i was wondering should i dress up in the school girl's uniform when i go to school there? and if anyone has read Prunus Girl should i be like Aikawa Kizuna?

LilPrincessJessica

Well, I'm not sure. If you think you'll enjoy it for most of the year go for it, if not then not.

Rika

As awesome as japan is, I don't really think there that much more accepting than we are. It's really up to you, I don't know that much about japan really.

AbsolutelyFabulous

Well, you're a female (according to profile) and most Japanese schools have uniforms and where do you think stereotypes come from?
    Last edited by AbsolutelyFabulous; 16-Oct-2012 at 03:10.

LittleDrummerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sayuri View Post
    As i'm going to Japan next year i was wondering should i dress up in the school girl's uniform when i go to school there? and if anyone has read Prunus Girl should i be like Aikawa Kizuna?
    I think you'll have to clear that with the school first. And before you do, make sure you can pass well. Make sure you enjoy it!

yup. Passing is the big thing. You should have a better chance in a foreign country because the facial and body structures are different in whites to asians, so they wont have a good idea of the nuances of the male/female face/body structure... or even voice for that matter.

StefanHasDiapees

May I just give you one little bit of input?

Believe me, I do not mean to belittle or judge your desires; I'd love to pass as a Japanese schoolgirl myself, but...

.,.. I get concerned when I see a post like this for two reasons.

One, you are thinking of doing something rather radical while having no knowledge about the real workings of the school system in a foreign land (I assume). While Japan does have a reputation of accepting a relatively feminized male style, it is still also a patriarchal society. You will find as many bigots there as in North America.

I don't presume to know ANYthing much about Japanese society, I'm no anime fan, but while Japan may be the home of anime, immediately following your question about dressing as a school-girl you start specifying a certain character in a manga.

I'm not sure I could support such a serious tg/tv act (attending school in a foreign land as the opposite sex) when the root of it seems to be just a fetishy liking of a particular anime character.

You shouldn't "be like" Aikawa; you should "Be" YOU.

If I'm confusing this thread with a simple desire to walk around downtown Tokyo dressed up like a character at Comic-Con, the disregard all I said; have fun, says I !!

But if you're serious and want to go to school in Japan for a semester dressed as a girl, I'd suggest thinking this through a whole lot more. Such a plan should definitely not be based on a desire to look like some girl in a comic book.
    Last edited by StefanHasDiapees; 15-Oct-2012 at 06:49. Reason: improving wording

okies thank you i will look in to it some more and i was saying to be like Aikawa as he wares girls cloths all the time in and out of school plus he looks so much like a girl, i was thinking why dont i just ware girls cloths all the time after all that is what i have been wanting. I did tell my dad at the beginning of this year that i wanted a sex change but i dont know every thing there is to know about sex change plus with the stuff i found out about it i dont thing i want to do it anymore.

I did tell my dad at the beginning of this year that i wanted a sex change but i dont know every thing there is to know about sex change plus with the stuff i found out about it i dont thing i want to do it anymore.
    With that thought, kinda difficult if you changed your mind in the middle of the school year if you were passing as a girl from the start. Stefan gave you great advice. But don't walk around Toyko as a character at Comic-Con by yourself.

ok i wont besides i dont like to go out that much im to shy to talk to people that i dont know or not normal talk to that much