Thread: Are ABís more likely to be falsely accused/wrongly arrested?

Default Are ABís more likely to be falsely accused/wrongly arrested?

I've often criticized the British media for vilifying people who are merely suspected of committing serious crimes, and I'm also fiercely opposed to the death penalty due to the possibility of someone innocent being executed. It just occurred to me today that if by some bizarre series of coincidences I was ever linked to a murder or another serious crime, it would be REALLY easy for the press vilify me and make me out to be a complete oddball weirdo, thus prejudicing the jury in any trial that took place.

It kind of reminds me of the case of Christopher Jefferies, he was a landlord and one of his tenants, a young woman, was strangled to death in her flat. The police arrested him despite having scant evidence against him and the newspapers proceeded to vilify him because he was a bit weird, he looked a bit like a nutty professor, he'd never been married, some of his former pupils (he was a retired teacher) claimed that he had a very short temper and that he made sexual innuendos, an unnamed source claimed that he was friends with a pedophile, he had an a-z map of Bristol on the back seat of his car and they claimed that he used it to find a place to dump the body, basically they dragged his name through the mud and declared him guilty before the police had even charged him. As it turns out the police released him after about a week because one of his neighbors had actually committed the murder.

As a thought experiment, I decided to compile a list of things from my private life that the tabloids could use against me if I was ever linked to a serious crime, and I'm not going to go into details but it looks REALLY bad, within a couple of days they'd be able to have most of the country convinced I was guilty. Do you ever worry that your lifestyle could seriously harm your credibility if you were ever accused of something serious?

(Not sure whether this is the right section of the forum, feel free to move it to mature topics if you so wish.)

Given that I've never heard of any press reports of anyone AB/DL being accused of a serious crime, I'd say no, probably not likely.

If you are outside the norm folks will examine you and toss rumor and suspicion your way. Being AB doesn't mean that you act oddly or that your outward appearance will promote suspicion. I'd say that a good percentage of us would seem normal or even boring from my observation.

I don't track as normal but even my enimies have defended me when wrongly accused. Not liking my personality they stillare defended my character.

SkarTiger

Unfortunately, this has happened to furries before in the UK. Two furries who met online were accused of murdering one of their relatives.

This has the full story BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Who are the furries?
    The press seem to have scrutinised the fact that these two men were furries until it was drilled into everybody's head that they were both completely insane.
    Skar

They aren't more likely to be falsely accused or wrongly arrested however if their personal life makes it into the media it is possible that that will be used to make them look worse off. Now while that is a bad thing it is not enough to base a conviction off of so while it may not make you look great in the eyes of the public it will not harm your defence in that having a slightly different private life does not (or at least should not) take the place of any incriminating evidence or lack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkarTiger View Post
    Unfortunately, this has happened to furries before in the UK. Two furries who met online were accused of murdering one of their relatives.

This has the full story BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Who are the furries?
    The press seem to have scrutinised the fact that these two men were furries until it was drilled into everybody's head that they were both completely insane.
    Skar
    I think that article wasnt that bad and actually had some very positive things to say

Being on ABDL forums since the late 90s leads me to the sad conclusion that ABDLs are more likely to do something to get the arrested. I got way to much older male attention in chat as a teenager and have seen way too many underage pics to believe the propaganda that ABDL and pedophilia are completely unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    Being on ABDL forums since the late 90s leads me to the sad conclusion that ABDLs are more likely to do something to get the arrested. I got way to much older male attention in chat as a teenager and have seen way too many underage pics to believe the propaganda that ABDL and pedophilia are completely unrelated.
    You are right there are people from that world hiding in this world, they use it as a way out of that world or use it as a means to find well u know, so there not related but it is abused by them sadly.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say they are more likely to get arrested, they are just more likely to do something stupid. I have experienced far too many times ABDLs with no sense of decency or politeness harrass me on online sites just as they have harassed you, but who is to say that these older men are even abdls? What would satisfy a pedophile more than a young boy dressed as a young boy? So for all we know these are just predators on an abdl site trying to get off on the idea that teenagers look like the little boys they crave. Just a thought. However, I have met older men that are maybe twice my age (about 48 or 50) that I have chatted with and (despite showing an obvious interest in me) approached me with respect and decency and actually had a conversation with me, of course they were disappointed to find out I was a straight guy who was married but they didn't become offensive or intrusive which I can respect.

So I guess what i'm trying to say is that eventually as the years go by, ABDL's who are older grow a sense of desperation from being lonely and just let go of all moral code and get themselves arrested for making stupid decisions. This of course is just my observation of the matter :P I have read statistics on understanding infantilism that suggest that most Abdls live normal lives and are very protective of children as well as not being prone to causing crime.