Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite foods from now and then.

Default Favorite foods from now and then.

I had a topic like this before but it didn't get a lot of response. So I still want to know.

what are some foods that you guys ate as kids that you enjoy and brings back memories of you as a little kid.

for me it is mac and cheese with apple juice. (i am eating it now which is why i thaught about it.)

and another thing that is weirder is banana pudding. i remember eating it in preschool.. Also chocolate milk because it is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunchables! Ego Waffles, spaghetti o's

Well, its not so much the food as it is the presentation. I still love mac and cheese, hot dogs, buttered noodles, pancakes etc., but what really makes a difference is how these things are served. For instance, is my hot dog on a bun or is it cut into little bits that i have to eat by hand?

Kraft Dinner, Pogos (corn dogs), grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, alphagetti, lunchables... too damn many to list.

I also always liked cheese sticks

Back when I was young I don't remember what favorites were as most were made from scratch. Wienies and sauerkraut and goolash were probably some of my favorites.

One that I've not had since I was a kid (used to get this as a 'treat' at my best friend's place) is Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_kwo162SxzN1qaszhfo1_400.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	14787. I can't imagine ever eating it again....but I loved it when I was a kid.
    One thing that I have eaten as an adult that I loved as a child was FRESH home made bread with butter and sugar! So yummy! I need to get a breadmaker again so I can make bread (I'm far to lazy to make the way my mum did! LOL)
    Another thing that I miss (although I have had them as recently as 4 years ago) is home made Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cake-doughnut-recipe-250.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	14788! Loved to watch my mum make these when I was small. She always did the 'holes' and let us eat them when they were still warm...mmmmmmm yummmmmyyyyyyy!!!!!! I think I need to learn how to make these!

We used to make fried chicken in the deep fryer in our back yard but we never do it anymore.