Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime Collector Cards

Smile Anime Collector Cards

Are you a collector? If so, what series are your favorites to collect? Do you have favorite characters in the series?

Surprisingly, my daughter still loves Anime cards at 23 years old. She looks for rarer Sailor Moon cards, and knows exactly the ones she wants ahead of time, so when they pop up on ebay she can quickly buy them before someone else does. She also collects Pokemon and vintage Transformers cards from the '80s when they first came out. Her rarest Pokemon cards are the Meiji series which came in food packages in Japan. You rarely even see any come up for sale now. My son also has some Sailor Moon, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. His favorites are Dark Magician Girl and Sailor Moon herself. He doesn't actively collect right now, but I *think* he used to have crush on those two girls. He sure had enough of them in his room.

Have to admit, I've got a few Pokemon cards of my own.

Curious how popular Anime cards still are nowadays, and which ones are favorites with everyone.

~Pramrider

I had alot of Pokemon cards back in the day, same with yu-gi-oh. Right now I have an ok deck of Magic the Gathering.

I was VERY into the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG I quit since a booster box itself cost more then a case of Abena X-plus. Plus even with all the money I was putting into my deck I was still always getting beat at the tournaments. I might of made it to the 2nd or 3rd rounds but really you can't compete with people that are willing to spend 500 dollars on paper cards. Anyways I buy the Yu-Gi-Oh world championship DS games now anytime they make a new one. It has random wi-fi battles and has a ton of cards (2008 in the "2008" 2007 edition) in it albeit not all of them and its missing some good cards.

I never got into the pokemon TCG much though I did buy the GBC game of it which was fun.

I also bough two starter decks of the .Hack trading card game but they game failed BADLY.

Oh also I am not getting into Magic since that's going to be exactly the same situation as Yu-gi-oh was.

The GBC Yugioh game was really easy and short and bad. I don't know why you thought it was good

My friends and I have recently been playing the game in the mornings though. I've only ever bought like 6 packs and traded off cards to get some really good ones and my deck trumps their $100+ ones. It's funny really

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I was VERY into the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG I quit since a booster box itself cost more then a case of Abena X-plus. Plus even with all the money I was putting into my deck I was still always getting beat at the tournaments. I might of made it to the 2nd or 3rd rounds but really you can't compete with people that are willing to spend 500 dollars on paper cards. Anyways I buy the Yu-Gi-Oh world championship DS games now anytime they make a new one. It has random wi-fi battles and has a ton of cards (2008 in the "2008" 2007 edition) in it albeit not all of them and its missing some good cards.

I never got into the pokemon TCG much though I did buy the GBC game of it which was fun.

I also bough two starter decks of the .Hack trading card game but they game failed BADLY.

Oh also I am not getting into Magic since that's going to be exactly the same situation as Yu-gi-oh was.
    When it comes to tournament TCG play it actually has very little to do with deck and mostly to do with how good you are at the game. Like obviously you can't just bring something you made up the night before to a tournament and expect to do well but the same goes for if you bring the known "best deck" and don't have a clue what you're doing. So the argument "I'm not willing to spend X amount of dollars on a deck" is kind of flawed. Though I do understand if you don't see any gain in spending a lot of money on a deck. Of course I know nothing of yugioh or the prices of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by T00L View Post
    So the argument "I'm not willing to spend X amount of dollars on a deck" is kind of flawed.
    Not really. There are cards that are $250 that I've seen and there are 100 people bidding on it It's something like,

"When you kill something with this, add a counter. When you get 3 counters you win hooray!"

So money does count for card games nowadays.

I do collect. I am a fruit I know :P

I have a ton of old hallographic (sp?) Pokemon cards.

I have Neopet cards, Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, and Shaman King cards.

But I am currently collecting Naruto cards. My favorite is my promo Itachi. I adore him!

InnocenceAlone

the only cards i have are pokemon & yugio XD
    i have like this ginormous binder of pokemon cards ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Not really. There are cards that are $250 that I've seen and there are 100 people bidding on it It's something like,

"When you kill something with this, add a counter. When you get 3 counters you win hooray!"

So money does count for card games nowadays.
    Obviously the plan is to win more money than you spend on cards :P

Quote Originally Posted by T00L View Post
    When it comes to tournament TCG play it actually has very little to do with deck and mostly to do with how good you are at the game.
    It was in response to that. This game at least has become "Which cards do you have?", and "Are you lucky?"