Thread: Camping

Default Camping

I'm camping with the family this weekend. I've never camped like this before. We are in a tree fort about 15 feet off the ground. It is screened in, so bugs aren't that bad. For once, I'm glad I don't "need" diapers. It was really hot today and I chafed just walking around in jeans.

So, what's the strangest place you've camped?

Default Re: Camping

That sound cool would love to see a picture. Also I've camped on a boat once that was cool um my favorite is right next to the water so I can here it all night. Never wake up wet thou

I would also love to see a picture of that fort, because it sounds awesome.

Being in the army, we've stayed in a whole bunch of places for weeks at a time. We once drove 6 hours from our base to stay at a construction site inside the town. It was just a big field of dirt at the time, and it was kinda weird being so close to civilians with all our stuff. Usually we're out in the middle of a forest...

Awesome! This is probably the best time of the year (early-mid Fall) to go camping imo. I love it!

I've been out camping at a really awesome place this whole week with some family, aside from a few hiccups we've been having a blast! (Someone do a rain dance to keep the storms away for just one more day!).

I've been camping more times than I can count, both with the BSA and just as family outings and stuff. Most of the camping we do is us backpacking out in the middle of nowhere. So camping in a developed campground this week has been pretty interesting for me! Yay for electricity!

Default Re: Camping

It was really interesting. There was no electricity in the tree forts, but there was a common area with a kitchen and power. I spent a lot of time tending to the fire because no body else would do it. I'm still sorting through pictures, so I'll try to find one to post. I'm now home and more tired than I have been in a long time. I think it's time for a diaper and sleep, so I can go to work tomorrow.

My wife, our nephew and I camped out in a tree house my father in law had constructed. This was at their Canadian lake home, which was located beyond the population line, about 200 miles north of Toronto. There was no electricity at the time. It was fun to be up in the air, reading by the light of a lantern. The cottage and outhouse was near by, so we still had some comfort.

Weirdest place I have camped is in my basement. Was pretty awesome. I generally don't like camping, but my best time was when I went camping with my youth group at the Sand Dunes National Park.

I have camped most of my life in civilian circumstances in various countries and occasionally on military manoeuvres. Strangest night of all was with my car in Amsterdam, years ago. Drove into the public campsite, pitched tent and went to bed. In the middle of the night a high wind began then a huge thunderstorm broke. A river began to rush through the tent so I quickly pulled the guy ropes and piled it into the car with the equipment. I had pitched in the middle of a dry dike, which was flooding rapidly. I drove the car to higher ground, then got into my sleeping-bag on top of my gear. A most uncomfortable night.