Thread: Year 12 exams

Default Year 12 exams

Ok so im a month off my year 12 exams. Im really scared, i struggle to study heaps, and im so worried about how im going to go. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do to help me to study more effectively ?

What country are you in? Do they divide the tests by subject? There are lots of "surviving your test" suggestions based on country if you google it. I tend to commit things to memory fairly easily, which made me a bit of a lazy student I think. Sorry I can't think of anything better to say. Good luck!

It's been a few years since I left high school, and boy do I remember how I struggled for my exams XD

I'm sure I had some kind of strategy back then, but I don't anymore. I think what the key to do is to relax, stay calm, and put aside half an hour for each subject and study. Focus on the areas in each subject you have the most difficulty with first, and chose some practice questions to help you some more.

Just some advice, and I hope it might help ^^

God I didn't pass a single year 12 exam. School was never my thing.

I guess everyones got their own list of things they (think) work. I've been out of school for a while, but my big one was not studying at all the night before but instead doing something relaxing. The theory being that by studying to the last minute you drain your capacity to think and are actually sabotaging yourself for the test. By taking the last day before the test off, your brain recharges and you have the capacity to actually think about problems. I seem to remember reading some stuff that supported this thought a while back, but it could just be BS. None the less, I did it and did ok in school if that counts for anything

I'm also a believer in the whole "writing stuff down helps you remember" stuff. I still apply this to situations where I work. Writing down a problem on a whiteboard or paper seems to energize some extra juice in the cerebrum..

Other things are easier said than done. Don't stress out (stress effects your ability to think and absorb), take breaks to let your brain recharge, get lots of sleep (I've always believed you were better off with a few extra hours of sleep vice a few extra hours of study), eat lots of fruits and vegetables, remember to floss your teeth, etc...
    Last edited by BoundCoder; 14-Oct-2012 at 03:16. Reason: Added some clarification (for clarity purposes)