Thread: Is is considered regressing?

Question Is is considered regressing?

Is it considered regressing if you are not changing your state of mind or role playing? There is something about the word that I don't understand.

To me I understand it's usage in a situation where you force yourself to act in a younger manner.

But for me, I have a question, on whether this is regression or not...

I feel little... on the inside that is who I am. I am always shy, scared, sometime sad sometimes giggly. But I always feel little. I use my paci when on the computer or driving. I don't when I'm in at work or in front of non-accepting others, but this feels like the real me acting the part of a grown up. As soon as no one is looking I put the paci back in, I drive with it etc.

I sleep in diapers, wear them during the day when I can. I wear onesies, footies, what have you, I have my plushies. It all seems normal. I get upset and feel helpless sometimes. I only act my physical age when I have too. If it weren't for work and the public's non understanding of this I don't know if I would ever stop acting like that...

but that's just it, I don't know if I put a specific age on it, I'm just having the personality of someone much younger, but doing them as an adult. I don't think I am regressing back to an age or changing my mindset.

I can put my paci in and put on a diaper and have a conversation on the phone for work, I can be at work in my office with my paci in my mouth (door closed). My mindset doesn't change, I don't have two different personalities, it is always me, and I prefer to be behind my safety nets.

So I don't know if I've explained this correctly, but I don't feel like I'm regressing, I feel like I am just being me. And I don't like doing normal grown up things when I can avoid it. Anyone else get where I am coming from?

This is why I don't like the word regression, to me it sounds like I am going into an RP situation, which I am not.

pamperchu

yeah I also don't like the work because of similar reasons. I don't truly feel that I'm a toddler even tho I wear diaper 24/7 and drink from a baby bottle and play with my toys. It makes me depressed sometimes because I can never feel happy like I was when I was little. There have only a been a few times that I would say that I truly did regress.

I get what you are saying... you are who you are. Pretty much anyone that considers themselves AB/TB likes comfort objects and more. The feelings we get from them aren't because we "regressed." Those feelings are just there, no matter how old our body is. The child is still there, present. I think I really get what you are saying....

H0TWH33LS

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    The feelings we get from them aren't because we "regressed." Those feelings are just there, no matter how old our body is. The child is still there, present. I think I really get what you are saying....

I get what you are saying Mitchy. You have a lucky little one!

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecars View Post
    Is it considered regressing if you are not changing your state of mind or role playing? There is something about the word that I don't understand.

To me I understand it's usage in a situation where you force yourself to act in a younger manner.

But for me, I have a question, on whether this is regression or not...

I feel little... on the inside that is who I am. I am always shy, scared, sometime sad sometimes giggly. But I always feel little. I use my paci when on the computer or driving. I don't when I'm in at work or in front of non-accepting others, but this feels like the real me acting the part of a grown up. As soon as no one is looking I put the paci back in, I drive with it etc.

I sleep in diapers, wear them during the day when I can. I wear onesies, footies, what have you, I have my plushies. It all seems normal. I get upset and feel helpless sometimes. I only act my physical age when I have too. If it weren't for work and the public's non understanding of this I don't know if I would ever stop acting like that...

but that's just it, I don't know if I put a specific age on it, I'm just having the personality of someone much younger, but doing them as an adult. I don't think I am regressing back to an age or changing my mindset.

I can put my paci in and put on a diaper and have a conversation on the phone for work, I can be at work in my office with my paci in my mouth (door closed). My mindset doesn't change, I don't have two different personalities, it is always me, and I prefer to be behind my safety nets.

So I don't know if I've explained this correctly, but I don't feel like I'm regressing, I feel like I am just being me. And I don't like doing normal grown up things when I can avoid it. Anyone else get where I am coming from?

This is why I don't like the word regression, to me it sounds like I am going into an RP situation, which I am not.

Hello...

I believe what you are describing is in no way age regression mainly because you can still interact as an adult while entertaining the special little one within. I think you are doing quite well managing things as it is no small task to find a balance. I have some ab's I talk to that do emotionally regress when we talk, but there is another dynamic involved that has to do with their past and the need for special attention. The word regression I think is used too liberally when trying to understand adult babies and because of that, it does indeed cause much confusion. Do not worry about the word, just enjoy the freedom of nurturing that eternal child within.

Kind Regards,

Ella

Well, I think in general, what you describe wouldn't be considered regressing. That term basically means a reversion to an earlier state, which clearly you are not doing, as these things are a part of your everyday personality. You have these "little" parts to you that make you who you are.

One basic example of regression as many AB/DL's use the term would be sorta like someone who is very adult, very strict, and very no-nonsense suddenly becoming playful, silly, childish, irresponsible, and cuddly, for whatever reason, like they might have been in the past at some point. You can pretend to regress, or certain people can actually regress a little mentally in certain situations or if they enter a little headspace, or something triggers a childish feeling, or whatnot.

This fictional person did not have those childish aspects present in their normal, every day personality. They regressed from adulthood into a bit of their former, younger self. Reversion to an earlier state.

There are many ways people or other things can regress. In the end it's just a term that can be used in varying ways, not simply meaning to become more childish.

I think you are just you, who happens to have held on to some childish traits that many adults loose or grow out of. There's nothing inherently good or bad about that, it's just you.

And that's wonderful

I feel the same way as the original post. There is a balance for me that I have found for myself that works: but it is difficult to describe in a short explanation. I just have to understand the place and time for all things, but that place and time can be anywhere. It just seems like a confusing paradox of enjoyment that we all have to try to understand and adapt to.