Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: Fallout 3

  1. #1

    Default Fallout 3

    So, who here has this yet? I do, and I've gotta say, I'm absolutely loving every single second of it.

    I do need to say, that it indeed is "Oblivion with guns", but that isn't a bad thing at all.

    I was worried though, being a fan of the original old computer games, I was one of the people who thought bethesda would totally screw it up. I'll admit, the game *Is* missing out on what made the old games great, but I can understand them taking out crotch-shots and child murder, since today's media would have a shitstorm over it all. "CHILD KILLING MURDER SIMULATION GAME!!"

    I do want to see them release the construction set for it though, so people outside their company can add in some of the stuff that was cut. As sick as thos will sound, there was something so wrong but hillarious about killing children by delivering a sledgehammer to the crotch.

    Also, I would love to see someone make the porn star quest from Fallout 2. Nothing like having a low charisma score and being the fluffer, or having it around 8 or 9 and being the star of the film. "cunnilinguist". Heheh.



    Also, it's actually one of those rare games you know you're gonna replay over and over. My next character will be an evil bastard cannibal who just kills everyone, friend or foe, with a minigun. Then possibly a neutral martial artist who also uses the odd baseball bat. Or a trap laying mexican. SO MANY OPTIONS!!!





    I love Fallout.

  2. #2

    Default

    I bought it last week for the 360. I love it to pieces. And weirdly enough, I have the same glasses/hat combo as you. Though I'm a sniper person =3

    The opening part when you use your statpoints the first time... it made me laugh hard. Googly sounds, ftw

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tafshin View Post
    I bought it last week for the 360. I love it to pieces. And weirdly enough, I have the same glasses/hat combo as you. Though I'm a sniper person =3

    The opening part when you use your statpoints the first time... it made me laugh hard. Googly sounds, ftw
    "You're SPECIAL!"

    I do hope, however, that with Fallout 3 being introduced to others, that it drives people to check out Fallout 1 and 2. They're both different and primitive, but they have much more charm and better writing compared to Fallout 3. Fallout 3 has the graphics and atmosphere, but 1 and 2 have the "soul".

    "I'm gonna beat you like a red headed stepchild"

  4. #4

    Default

    I really want to play them, But I couldnt find them anywhere, even for download =/.

    Hopefully Bethesda will buy the rights to 1 and 2 and release them on Live =3

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tafshin View Post
    I really want to play them, But I couldnt find them anywhere, even for download =/.
    You can get the collection (Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics) on amazon.com for $27.99. And then there's likely less legal ways of obtaining it.

    The thing that has me worried about Fallout 3 is the lack of the original feeling. Like Tafshin said, that some of the soul isn't there. What do you other guys think? How much remains of the 50's post-apocalyptic sci-fi feel?

    I don't want to be disappointed again as I was with Fable 2. Don't get me wrong. Fable 2 was a great game, but it didn't live up to the first one in the fairy-tale feeling department.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by PadDaBrat View Post
    You can get the collection (Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics) on amazon.com for $27.99. And then there's likely less legal ways of obtaining it.

    The thing that has me worried about Fallout 3 is the lack of the original feeling. Like Tafshin said, that some of the soul isn't there. What do you other guys think? How much remains of the 50's post-apocalyptic sci-fi feel?

    I don't want to be disappointed again as I was with Fable 2. Don't get me wrong. Fable 2 was a great game, but it didn't live up to the first one in the fairy-tale feeling department.
    Fallout 3 does have the feel, admittedly. It does feel like a fallout game, but in the same way Fallout Tactics compares to Fallout 2. It just feels... well, Like a fallout side story, than an actual sequel.

    Not to say it's a bad thing, since Fallout 3 *is* freakin' awesome. It definately has that fallout feel, but It feels like the charm of the first two games hit a snag somewhere. The charm and soul of fallout is definately there, just not as prominent as it was in Fallout 1 or 2.

    Doesn't make it any less of a kickass game, though. Nothing like loading up the rock-it launcher with random garbage you find and using it as ammo. I decapitate you with a plate!! Scrap Metal! A leg brace! Hah-ha!!

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Kraiden View Post
    Fallout 3 does have the feel, admittedly. It does feel like a fallout game, but in the same way Fallout Tactics compares to Fallout 2. It just feels... well, Like a fallout side story, than an actual sequel.

    Not to say it's a bad thing, since Fallout 3 *is* freakin' awesome. It definately has that fallout feel, but It feels like the charm of the first two games hit a snag somewhere. The charm and soul of fallout is definately there, just not as prominent as it was in Fallout 1 or 2.

    Doesn't make it any less of a kickass game, though. Nothing like loading up the rock-it launcher with random garbage you find and using it as ammo. I decapitate you with a plate!! Scrap Metal! A leg brace! Hah-ha!!
    I think that the sequelness can be described as this:

    The first 2 games have the mass appeal of a cult classic. And bethesda wanted to make the game more accessible to people who never played a fallout game before, but still get the main premise behind the first two to go snag them up and complete the puzzle. If they did make it a direct sequel, they risk alienating a large majority of people interested in it pre-launch

  8. #8

    Default

    I just installed Fallout 3 last night and I just got past the "GNR" quest and I am on the one given by Three Dog. Anyways I found a fatboy and 8 mini-nukes I took them back to my house and stored them since I have no idea when I should take them. I'd prefer to use it on some badass that can really take a beating..

    I never played the first Fallout's BTW.


    Oh and Kraiden please tell me where you got that chain gun!

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tafshin View Post
    I really want to play them, But I couldnt find them anywhere, even for download =/.

    Hopefully Bethesda will buy the rights to 1 and 2 and release them on Live =3
    The original Fallout can be played for free over on Gametap, with the other two games available for subscribers. You can also buy the games for $5.99 each at Good Old Games.

    Also, Bethesda already has full control of the Fallout IP (although they've licensed Interplay to make an MMO), although I'm not sure if that counts distribution of the original games.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I just installed Fallout 3 last night and I just got past the "GNR" quest and I am on the one given by Three Dog. Anyways I found a fatboy and 8 mini-nukes I took them back to my house and stored them since I have no idea when I should take them. I'd prefer to use it on some badass that can really take a beating..

    I never played the first Fallout's BTW.


    Oh and Kraiden please tell me where you got that chain gun!
    Without spoiling stuff, I would leave the main questline well alone, since it's fairly short, and you can't keep playing after you've beat it. Still, I'd say less than 5% of the game is the main quest, anyway.

    Been hearing people go "AWW, I beat the game in 2 days, this game sucks!" when they haven't even touched any of the sidequests. You done the assassinations? the cannibal missions? Wasteland survival guide? Found all those bobblehead and bonus perks? Bah.

    The chaingun is found on various supermutants. Still, that was just taken for screenshot's sake, I actually suck with them. (12% big guns skill)

    Now, the Railspike gun and the power fist... Muahaha..





    The Powerfist is the best weapon ever. Just the gigantic metal smashing sound as you shatter limbs is gorgeous.

Similar Threads

  1. fallout 3
    By tiger2 in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-Jul-2008, 01:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.