Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena X-pluses

Default Abena X-pluses

Okay so i thought it was just a defect diaper or somthing but now this is getting annoying. EVERY time i sleep in an X-plus the side seam glue comes undone and the Gel stuff comes out.

Its annoying everytime i want to sleep in my diaper and wet it it comes undone.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Am i not supposed to sleep in them?
    Last edited by AbbeyJunction; 02-Nov-2008 at 22:25.

I've never experienced that problem myself, just what do you mean by the middle seam? The ones I have don't have a seam down the middle. Perhaps you might want to try a different size, not sure which size you are using or if you are like me and generally on the cusp of sizes. I'm going to guess that you probably got a defective batch, which is not unheard of. You might want to try duct-tape, it fixes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I've never experienced that problem myself, just what do you mean by the middle seam? The ones I have don't have a seam down the middle. Perhaps you might want to try a different size, not sure which size you are using or if you are like me and generally on the cusp of sizes. I'm going to guess that you probably got a defective batch, which is not unheard of. You might want to try duct-tape, it fixes everything.
    not down the middle. On th side of the diaper theres a glue the holds and plastic and "felt" together and that holds all the stuffing gel.

How long are you wearing the diaper for before and after wearing? I would guess it would start to get flimsy after about 12~ hours of wearing, or longer. I'm not 100% sure, but that is my only guess.

lpoolboy

Default Yes and No

Hey There
    I have used Abena x-pluses for a while now, I have had no problem with the inside coming out etc. However, I have found that the tapes come undone. I have woken up several times to find that the tapes on the nappy have opened. Hmm maybe it is the way I am fastening them - not too sure.

But, this is my favourite brand and I will carry on with them.

LpoolBoy

I have been using xpluses since i got out of size 6 diapers and i've never had that problem. One thing that helps with them is wearing one of the abena onesies that are very tight fitting...or you can use their abri-fix pants which are like underwear. They really help keep the diaper in place and prevent it from sagging. They also help because they cover the tapes so blankets and stuff can't end up undoing them when you move at night. XP Medical sells the abri-fix, and I'd highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahara View Post
    How long are you wearing the diaper for before and after wearing? I would guess it would start to get flimsy after about 12~ hours of wearing, or longer. I'm not 100% sure, but that is my only guess.
    I wear em for about 6-7 hours but thats only because im sleeping in them.

Quote Originally Posted by lpoolboy View Post
    Hey There
    I have used Abena x-pluses for a while now, I have had no problem with the inside coming out etc. However, I have found that the tapes come undone. I have woken up several times to find that the tapes on the nappy have opened. Hmm maybe it is the way I am fastening them - not too sure.

But, this is my favourite brand and I will carry on with them.

LpoolBoy

Quote Originally Posted by baseball4life View Post
    I have been using xpluses since i got out of size 6 diapers and i've never had that problem. One thing that helps with them is wearing one of the abena onesies that are very tight fitting...or you can use their abri-fix pants which are like underwear. They really help keep the diaper in place and prevent it from sagging. They also help because they cover the tapes so blankets and stuff can't end up undoing them when you move at night. XP Medical sells the abri-fix, and I'd highly recommend them.
    Its not about the tape. Its actually different. idk, i think i got a bad abtch or somthing.

Im trying to get a pink onsie from somwhere else right now XP
    buh i cant really wear that to bed cus somtime people com in and out of my room.
    Ill check out the Abri-fix. ^^

Probably just a defect, as someone pointed out, duct tape fixes all(Just tape the edges a little where it keeps opening up)

Quote Originally Posted by TB29 View Post
    Probably just a defect, as someone pointed out, duct tape fixes all(Just tape the edges a little where it keeps opening up)
    I have notice that with Abenas, it with the tapes and don't hold under curtain conditions and that if the tapes are stressed enough, they won't hold anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FalloutFox View Post
    not down the middle. On th side of the diaper theres a glue the holds and plastic and "felt" together and that holds all the stuffing gel.
    I have had this happen to me before. Are you using baby oil or a similar liquid/lotion by any chance? I've found that every time I use baby oil prior to diapering, my Abena X-Pluses fall apart in the exact manner that you described--the plastic separates from the inner felt lining and the gel falls out.

If you aren't using baby oil, well... my guess is a defective batch. I've yet to have an Abena just fall apart on me (the baby oil incident notwithstanding), even after wearing & sleeping in one for 10-12 hours.