Thread: Asking for support and counsel for my uncle with lymphatic melanoma

Exclamation Asking for support and counsel for my uncle with lymphatic melanoma

I try to refrain from coming here to seek counsel on issues that directly involve solely myself and the people I'm close too, but right now I've got something to ask.

My uncle was recently (two days ago) diagnosed with cancer, which metastasized from his melanoma (which was treated three years prior) to his lymph nodes, and possibly to a region of his abdomen. I have heard the prognosis for this isn't very good, but my uncle lives a very physically active lifestyle (cycling, golf) and is a health nut (compared to his brothers). He is very prudent in making sure he eats well and monitors his antioxidant intake. He is only 62 years old. We have plenty of reason to be optimistic for these reasons.

He reports that for the past two weeks he has felt like his strength has been sapped from his body, and he finally went to the doctor Monday. He is in good spirits overall, albeit frustrated that the Detroit Tigers are getting their ass handed to them by the Oakland Athletics. He says he'll do whatever it takes to get better.

So, that being said, does anyone else have a similar experience with lymphatic melanoma or can offer support during this time?

Quote Originally Posted by captainpollution View Post
    So, that being said, does anyone else have a similar experience with lymphatic melanoma or can offer support during this time?
    My wife's cousin was diagnosed with late-stage melanoma that had involved her lymph nodes. This was 4-5 years ago, and I can't recall the clinical name for the kind of melanoma she had. She ended up being selected for a clinical trial that she believes saved her life (she's cancer-free), and she now works with a nonprofit (Aim at Melanoma) which provides melanoma information as well as resources to connect patients with prospective clinical trials and other treatment options. I'd recommend giving it a look.

I can only say I wish him (your uncle) and your family the best and I hope you all make it through.

Being a health nut and highly active, he probably has a good immune system unless it is compromised by something. Make sure hes getting good vitamins and continues to eat well. I have heard the average person gets cancer several times in their life and doesn't even know it due to the immune system subtlety taking care of it.

Screw chemo, it destroys your body and immune system.

Depending on where you live, he could seek out medical cannabis. More specifically, the cannabis oil. A good purified hemp oil can work wonders on cancer and tumors if used properly. I will link a case where it worked a miracle on a baby.

This is a very inspiring story about the horrible cancer a child suffered and then by miracle, pulled through.

While it's not the same type of cancer, it could help a lot.

Dad Saves His Little Dying Son From Brain Cancer With THC Oil - YouTube

I hope he pulls through and wish you and your family the strength to deal with this.
    Last edited by gottibear; 15-Oct-2012 at 05:51.