Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too embarrassed for babying?

Unhappy Too embarrassed for babying?

I thought this would be more appropriate in the AB section instead of TB.

The thing is, in theory, being babied and having a "mommy", being diapered and taken care of, all of it sounds wonderful to me. Warm fuzzies! But only hypothetically...

The thing is, I don't think I could ever be comfortable with that in real life, unless I was sure that my partner was 100% into caretaking and AB things as well. Even then I'd still be embarrassed, because... I can never really get into a little state of mind. All I can think about is the fact that I'm a 5,10", 180 pound woman in a diaper with a pacifier, and while those things are pleasant when I'm alone... It's still kind of embarrassing, and I feel like I wouldn't be able to bear it in the presence of someone else.

I dunno. Is this embarrassing for anyone else? How do I get over it? My inhibitions get the best of me. I hope someday my future significant other will be into it, but I don't know if I'd be able to do it.

im 19, 5'5, disabled and i feel the same way

I have no experience with being babied, but from other experiences I can tell you that over time you would get used to it. It's the first time with anything, you will be nervous and it will take time for you to open up. Then the more you do it, the less nervous you will be each time, thus making it easier to get in the mood/mindset.

The best example I can give, let's take my first time Fursuiting. I felt weird and out of place, a grown man in a animal costume. It took awhile to get used to the feeling and the fact of what I was doing. I've now gone to 3 other conventions with my fursuit and 1 time out in public, I no longer have the feelings of nervousness that I did the first time I started. Like I said, it is something that you will get used to over time, but you can't do it until you try it. : )

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    I have no experience with being babied, but from other experiences I can tell you that over time you would get used to it. It's the first time with anything, you will be nervous and it will take time for you to open up. Then the more you do it, the less nervous you will be each time, thus making it easier to get in the mood/mindset.

The best example I can give, let's take my first time Fursuiting. I felt weird and out of place, a grown man in a animal costume. It took awhile to get used to the feeling and the fact of what I was doing. I've now gone to 3 other conventions with my fursuit and 1 time out in public, I no longer have the feelings of nervousness that I did the first time I started. Like I said, it is something that you will get used to over time, but you can't do it until you try it. : )
    See, I'm just the opposite! Fursuiting is something I could do no problem because no one can see me. (If only they weren't so darn expensive/hard to make)

But with AB stuff, it's like... agh. There's nothing there to hide you, it's pure vulnerability. I guess having a hell of a case of social anxiety doesn't help much. I'm sure you're right though, it's just a "you'd get used to it" type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post
    See, I'm just the opposite! Fursuiting is something I could do no problem because no one can see me. (If only they weren't so darn expensive/hard to make)

But with AB stuff, it's like... agh. There's nothing there to hide you, it's pure vulnerability. I guess having a hell of a case of social anxiety doesn't help much. I'm sure you're right though, it's just a "you'd get used to it" type thing.
    Perhaps you are right about that, being able to hide your face is a big plus and is probably part of what helped me get out and do it. Although several times during Rainfurrest I would drop my head off at the lounge and make trips to 7/11 in just my bodysuit and feetpaws, because after awhile I just stopped caring. I feel the same can go for being babied.

I imagine though if you did find the right person it would make it less difficult to do. Just start off slow. Do simple things like being fed, read a story, tucked into bed, and save diapers and stuff for a later time when you feel more comfortable with that kind of thing.

EDIT: Also just to note, I feel exactly the same way about being babied. Not completely comfortable with it unless I really trusted the person, even then I would still feel incredibly embarrassed. Still something I want to try someday.

I feel the same way, the idea of someone seeing me at what is essentially my most vulnerable does make me feel very uncomfortable and I do question myself as to whether I'll ever be comfortable with someone doing it. However I also have a feeling that this may change if I were to meet and be cared for by the right person they might have to be a fellow AB/caretaker but if they need to be then so be it. Perhaps having not done it before is what makes it seem so scary as with practically every experience it may require practice and persistence to make it as pleasurable as we desire, your inhibitions will always be there but over time they may go as you get used to idea of actually doing it as opposed to imagining it.

H0TWH33LS

I am someone that gets pretty embarrassed which makes it extremely difficult for me to ever bring up the subject, or go into "little mode." I love to be babied I guess it just takes me a while to warm up. Having a partner who is 100% understanding would make things so much easier.

Getting over those feelings has been something that took a lot of time, caring, and trust in Daddy to get to the point where everything IS genuinely good. Where those feelings of "I'm awkward/stupid/in reality, a 33 year old guy" just fade away. I wouldn't be able to completely "let go" of those preconceived notions about myself with just anybody without that base level of trust. However, when that trust, parental bond, and the love is actually there, its something amazing. Quite frankly, its still shocking at times even now.

There's something about being in your caretaker's arms and looking up and seeing "the look" of pure love and compassion that, when it happens, MAKES those little niggling bits in the back of your mind just instantly fade away. The first time it happened, admittedly, I had been a bit awkward that day with my little side because it -was- so foreign. We'd played games, I'd been changed a few times, and we'd had a great day of hanging out and being friends mixed with "Dad/cub" time. Pretty much an awesome and fun few days of just that.

One night, after a bath and being put to bed, I looked up at him, he looked down at me...I could plainly see it in his face. His gaze said it all, just the way he looked at me. He smiled and I really could tell. I was accepted for who I was inside, not who I was on the outside. I was loved, in a very safe place, cared for more than anything else, protected, sheltered, and it was....ok. It was more than ok. I was his son. And he was my Dad. At that point, there -were- no awkward feelings and everything just felt right. We talked about it afterwards and he'd felt it too. Something just clicked, and it felt "right".

I know it might sound campy, but find the right caretaker and it really makes a difference. Get to know them as friends...learn who they are as a person first, then form that bond and that trust. If the CT bond forms, it is an amazing thing; something unique and special. And then? Wellllll, those feelings of "I feel awkward"....just don't seem to exist anymore.

Having only outed myself to my partner fairly recently, I do still have some awkward moments, like I'm still too embarrassed to diaper up in front of her. funny thing is though I have virtually no inhibitions once I'm in bed with her. she's pretty cool with the whole regression thing, and lets me be little, but the mummying thing is only just starting to happen. I'm thinking that proper babying is some way away yet, if ever...but that's ok, just being free to express myself openly with her is awesome. mind you, being changed by her would be an amazing regression experience for me.

fozzie

you have to have 100% trust in somebody like that you lay all your cares and worries a side to be babied and it takes time and moving slowly