Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rage directed at you.

Default Rage directed at you.

How do you guys react when you beat someone at a game, and they rage or send you angry and abusive messages. I've been playing well at FIFA lately and I think In my last 5 wins I've had 3 angry messages directed at me.

So yeah, do you guys get raged at when you win? If so what games and how often?

Well, it comes with the territory when my brother and I play video games with each other.

It's always a competitive game, like a fighter (Super Smash Bros.) or a racing game (Mario Kart). We start off enjoying ourselves and have some light-hearted banter whenever one of us lose to the other. However, there seems to be a tendenecy that, sometimes, I do better than my brother, or my brother does better than me.

In the end, after several fights/races, we put on our "srs business" faces in order to see who comes out on top. It's our way of making sure we don't flip our lids at one another and go into a rage-quit tantrum. But hey, that's sibling rivalry for ya XD

Yeah, I have a friend that pretty much cannot kill me at all in Unreal Tournament. I pretty much could nonstop kill him.

Instead of causing him to feel bad or even get angry at me, I purposely allow him to kill me fairly often so it seems evenly matched.

Dunno if it's the right thing to do... but I prefer to keep people happy and it doesn't matter much to me if I die in game.

Any rage I may ever have I try to keep...."against the machine"....only....

For me in online games, I kind of thrive on it. Hey if someone's giving you abuse for being good at a game, you gotta be doing something right surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    It's always a competitive game, like a fighter (Super Smash Bros.) or a racing game (Mario Kart). We start off enjoying ourselves and have some light-hearted banter whenever one of us lose to the other. However, there seems to be a tendenecy that, sometimes, I do better than my brother, or my brother does better than me.

In the end, after several fights/races, we put on our "srs business" faces in order to see who comes out on top. It's our way of making sure we don't flip our lids at one another and go into a rage-quit tantrum. But hey, that's sibling rivalry for ya XD
    That's pretty much what it's like in our house when it comes to FIFA starts out with banter over who's the best then it descends into be super serious cause everyone wants to be the best. Me and my brother were similar, but that was more with games like Timesplitters and other shooters.

OMG yeah! Timesplitters was sooooooo cool! A VERY underrated shooter! I loved fighting in the dead house level.... creeeeeepy! and in the future level... God it was a cool concept!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    OMG yeah! Timesplitters was sooooooo cool! A VERY underrated shooter! I loved fighting in the dead house level.... creeeeeepy! and in the future level... God it was a cool concept!!!!!
    Best shooter ever in my eyes, I really hope they do a remake, or develop Timesplitters 4.

CrinklySiren

I only get upset when someone gets a vendetta against me in a game with teams. Or when someone uses the same tactic to kill me over and over and over and over, its enough to make me want to break my ps3 control. I don't mind losing, i just dont like douchebag elitists lol.

I've never had anyone rage on me before, probably because I don't play competitive games except for an FPS here and there, and seeing as its teams, you never really realize who killed you so there is nothing to really get mad at, at least thats how BF3 works, i never know who killed me because it pops up and disappears so fast that i dont catch it.

CoD is a different story though.

Yay! Timesplitters love! I'll take it over Halo and Call of Duty any day.

I either laugh or ignore the ragers. They aren't a problem. If they won't shut up I might mute them, but that's about it.

I love it when people rage against me in video games. Once a person in TF2 on PC got so enraged he quit, looked up my name and tried to out me as a AB/DL on this random TF2 server. Which I replied with "So?"

this is from The Big Bang Theory, sheldon's Nemesis to Sheldon

WIL WHEATON
    "It tells me that I am living rent-free right here." [Points at Sheldon's head]

If I rage it's mostly directed at myself for being stupid. Or stupid teammates. But never really at a person or going as far as messaging insults to people. Got some of them myself and think they're rather a confirmation you did the right thing