Thread: why is the Slender man so popular and what is it?

BabySandshrew

Default why is the Slender man so popular and what is it?

Well I was surfing the net and i found this thing called a Slender Man it's a tall thing with a suit and a white head with no face
    and I know it's from a Indie game called Slender but why the heck is it so popular?

He gained popularity by becoming something of an urban legend on the internet.

The idea started off of pictures, some black and white, of a tall man lingering in the background, like something that is watching you and plotting something. Other pictures were taken during the night, where a faint shadow of him could be seen of him.

The idea of him being scary is that he is too tall and too thin to be an average human. His face is expressionless, not to mention he has no visible eyes, ears, mouth, hair or nostrils. He also got major scary popularity from the YouTube show Marble Hornets, which is set-up as a series of video tapes in which thhe main character(s) have encounters with SlenderMan.

People are scared by what they can't see, but what is more scary is knowing something scary is watching you but not striking out at you, leaving you to become more paranoid of when it does decide to strike.

It started as a German bedtime story, and evolved from there. Slender is fun but not very scary... unless you want to be scared then it just freaks you out.

AbsolutelyFabulous

Quote Originally Posted by Drago15 View Post
    Well I was surfing the net and i found this thing called a Slender Man it's a tall thing with a suit and a white head with no face
    and I know it's from a Indie game called Slender but why the heck is it so popular?
    It was not originally from the game. It was made on the Something Awful forums for an art contest and evolved from there. Read more here. Slender Man - The Slender Man Wiki

It's really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Drago15 View Post
    At this point it's really anyone's guess.