Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama's chances at reelection

Default Obama's chances at reelection

Ok, so it seemed that Romney was almost out of the race, what with his rather unfortunate revelations in the past few weeks. But the recent debate has seen him potentially back in the game. Certain key swing states are leaning towards him and Obama's performance was a tad shocking to his supporters. With that said, do you think he will be elected for a second term or be usurped by Romney? Discuss

there's still two more debates then a VP debate I think. People already know Obama's plans or should anyway. I didn't see the debate as I was out camping but it sounds like Obama didn't throw any "punches" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    there's still two more debates then a VP debate I think. People already know Obama's plans or should anyway. I didn't see the debate as I was out camping but it sounds like Obama didn't throw any "punches" at all.
    Fair point, one thing I'd like to ask is, how can Americans honestly like Romney after he has been seen to alienate half of them and change his position on every issue to suit the occasion

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
    Fair point, one thing I'd like to ask is, how can Americans honestly like Romney after he has been seen to alienate half of them and change his position on every issue to suit the occasion
    "Well it's not me who he alienation, he was just talking about lazy people" is the attitude of most people who will will vote for him. A lot of them even belongs to said 47%.

Obama is leading in several important states, including Ohio (a crucial state in any national election), Michigan, Wisconsin (even having Paul Ryan on the ticket doesn't seem to help Romney), and Pennsylvania. Florida seems to be a close race between the two candidates. Virginia and North Carolina are both within the margin of error. I think Obama will be re-elected. It will come down to the wire, though, and I imagine it will be close.

Debate performance, also, isn't a very good judge of who will win. John Kerry is generally thought to have trounced Bush in all three of their debates, yet Bush was still re-elected by a comfortable margin.

I bet Obama will win because of what Romney said about the 47% being leeches. So people on programs or on Social Security may be voting for Obama instead.

But if Romney wins, lot of people are screwed but I am sure our country will be just fine. We survived with Bush in the office so I am sure we will too with Romney.

At no point was "Romney was almost out of the race" Every poll has him within the margin of error. I'm getting tired of people hear acting like Obama already won. He hasn't

Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleAR1Jeff View Post
    At no point was "Romney was almost out of the race" Every poll has him within the margin of error. I'm getting tired of people hear acting like Obama already won. He hasn't
    I should probably elucidate that is not what I think, I'm merely paraphrasing what the commentators say

CrinklySiren

I have to agree with you. I too don't understand how people blatantly take insults and continue to follow someone after the fact. Not to mention I don't how anyone can follow Romney in general, I mean there everyone is entitled to their opinion and beliefs, but it appears as though Romney is trying to turn the US into Nazi Germany.

-Taking away women's right to choose what they do with THEIR body
    -Abolishing anything that is gay/lesbian related
    -Trying to virtually get rid of the hispanic population
    -Wants to cancel out the middle class
    -Constantly whines about Obamacare which was a republican idea to begin with >_>

Plus all i ever hear him say is how much he wants to get rid of Obama and the things he's done... and how much he wants to "take away" from the country, i dont see him putting anything IN.

I mean at some point people have to stop and think "wait wait... doesnt that seem a little unethical or harsh?" I mean romney doesnt just want to UNDO everything Obama has done, he wants to UNDO/REWRITE the definition of freedom >_>

On top of that he wants to go to war with another country who doesn't need us going in and bombing their asses (Libya). I mean I'll vote for anyone who sounds like they are being rational, and Mitt Romney is not it >_> im not pro democrat or pro republican because they're just labels, but I just cant bring myself to comprehend how any sane human being can consciously vote for Romney... especially if they are female. It just doesnt seem logical... but I guess I'm a "godamn hippie liberal" for trying to be rational -_- Its times like these that I actually MISS Bush... I fear Romney becoming president, I legitimately have anxiety attacks and shutter at the idea of Romney being the leader of ANYTHING.
    Last edited by CrinklySiren; 05-Oct-2012 at 22:42.

Default Re: Obama's chances at reelection

Question, how can America still like Obama after he screwed us over even more? You think it's bad right now? The standard of living is way higher than it should be. Obama keeps digging a giant hole of debt underneath the country and when the thin supports of our nice living conditions break, it's going to hit the country hard. Obama is pretty much making life easier now so future generations suffer even more with the debt. We have to create a debt ceiling and start reducing it now.

Unfortunately, there's no way Romney's gonna win this election, which is a shame. I'd like to see if he could do anything to turn this country around since Obama's just taking it into a nosedive...