Thread: Never in love?!

Question Never in love?!

This is something you've probably never heard before, but I have never (consciously) felt in love, and I've been on this planet for 16 years! I would like to know if I am the only one with this problem or whatever you would call it. Internet has no examples of or solutions to my 'problem'. I would also like to know what it feels like and how to know if I am in love and if this thread is therefor unnecessary.

Thanks in advance.

Hej Finn,

...if you don't mind my asking ...
    why do you think, that never-felt-in-love-with-16 is a problem? (I'm really like to know, why do you think/feel this.)

Let me assure you, that is completely normal. Very few people have been in love at that age. What you have to understand, is that there is no need to ever fall in love. Most people, like you, don't even really know what love is, and that's totally fine. Oh, love is a wonderful thing, I can't deny that, but todays society forwards it as something everybody experience and even something everybody has to experience.

There is no way I could ever teach you to tell whether you are in love. The best I can do right now is this: it's when you are really, really attached to a person. When this person overshines everything and everyone in your world with their magnificence. When a person in the long run is more important to you than anything else in this world, even your own life, because you know the only way you are ever going to be truly happy is through this person being as happy as can be. It could simply be a single person being so perfect to you that you can't imagine ever not loving that person, or it could simply be the person you would like the most to share your life with. Then there's this whole ordeal with "falling in love", which is not to be confused with love. This is more of a chemical process in which your body produces hormones in response to you liking a person, making you practically mildly obsessed with the person. That is great, too, but that's even further from being a necessity. There's no definition of love that will ever be of any use deciding whether you are in love.

But again, and I can not stress this enough: there's nothing wrong with you. It's not a "problem". I wouldn't reccomend going about looking for love. Just live your life as it unfolds before you, and if you cross paths with someone you feel you simply can't imagine living without (and I promise, you will know it when and if this happens), then be yourself and see how it goes. Then, and only then, can you get an idea of what love is.

Hope this helps

The first and only time I have been in love was at 18 so it is perfectly normal to have never been in love at 16, hell what most people your age will say is true love is anything but true love, trust me love is a lot more different than a simple crush.