Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falling into Obsession.

Default Falling into Obsession.

Ever since I had to let my friend (mommy) move on with her life, I’ve been in this “I want to be babied in the worst way” rut. I’ve brought clothing, a case of diapers and began to read stories a bit more than usual. While I’ve let this side of me get out of hand in the past, being a grown adult today versus back then, I’m “sane” enough not to do anything stupid. At the same time though, no matter how “sane” or “normal” I think myself to be, I just can’t shake this “I desperately *NEED* someone to coddle me” feeling. Then again, my stress level has been off the charts as of late and continues to get worse. Almost makes you wonder which one’s the poison; being subjected to extreme stress non-stop or practically praying to be someone’s baby. Does anyone view this behavior as a psychological issue or is this the average mindset of an “adult baby?”

It's ok to wish to be babied by someone, especially when stressed out. I am going to go out on a limb and say what I think on this. I think many regress to escape the stress of life. As long as someone doesn't allow it to get in the way of taking care of adult business, then there should be no problem with it. Hang in there, these stormy clouds will pass.

I don't really know what to suggest because sometimes things happen and life sucks. Your best bet is to meet a mommy on line. Who knows, maybe someone from this site would want to hook up with you. If not, there are other sites, and there are dating sites. I've often wondered what would happen is someone was on E Harmony, and put in AB/DL.

Since no one is in the picture right now would it possible for you to take care of your own ab/dl needs rather than have them fulfilled by someone else? To baby yourself and give yourself what you need until the time is right for someone new to enter your life?

We all need a stress relieve, i have found that excersice is a very good way to do that.

And who doesnt like to be pampered! It font always have to be in an AB way, the key here is to find a balance. It is not always easy but it is possible.

Baby Time should not cause stress, it should relieve stress. Transitioning from having a person to share this with to being alone must be hard. However, if you are alone you need to re-learn how to satisfy your desires alone.

Have other hobbies to to besides "playtime". I enjoy al sorts of TV. Pokemon Games help me feel young also.

Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. While having lost a mommy, I still have my husband, but he’s more of a baby himself than a parent, so I can’t really rely on him as an outlet. I will have to learn now to enjoy “babying” myself again, although to be honest, after experiencing real time for a while with another person, it’s pretty hard. Finding someone to baby me online would probably be a close second, but unlike being a “Teen Baby” in high school, I’m more at work than I am home. I’ll be ok though, I figure between a case of diapers and some “Call of Duty” on my next days off, that ought to take my mind off a few things.

Sigh...I'm right there with you, for me it's all about finding the right one and that takes soo much time. I'm trying to take care of my needs by myself but it is very hard and lonely. My stress levels have been off the charts lately too. It can be very depressing.

Find another outlet for stress, can't let the burden of losing a relationship or sorts all fall onto one form of stress relief. Physical stuff is best, gets you moving and makes you feel better knowing you're doing something good for yourself.(Biking is a relatively easy task, even when padded :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    Ever since I had to let my friend (mommy) move on with her life, I’ve been in this “I want to be babied in the worst way” rut. I’ve brought clothing, a case of diapers and began to read stories a bit more than usual. While I’ve let this side of me get out of hand in the past, being a grown adult today versus back then, I’m “sane” enough not to do anything stupid. At the same time though, no matter how “sane” or “normal” I think myself to be, I just can’t shake this “I desperately *NEED* someone to coddle me” feeling. Then again, my stress level has been off the charts as of late and continues to get worse. Almost makes you wonder which one’s the poison; being subjected to extreme stress non-stop or practically praying to be someone’s baby. Does anyone view this behavior as a psychological issue or is this the average mindset of an “adult baby?”
    I suspect this is a common mindset of the adult baby. It is certainty the case for me, that is that when I am most stressed or subject to conflict I have this strong need to spend some baby time.

I think it goes to the root of why the person is an AB in the first place. This is most often a regressive behavior, often a coping mechanism. For me when things are going really well and I am otherwise busy I get these feelings less and I am far less likely to spend baby time on a daily or more frequent basis. However when I am not doing well I start thinking that I can just wear every night to sleep.

Loss, including the loss of a friend or someone moving on is one of the things that is likely to cause this situation to occur.

I would not call it an obsession, unless you start wearing a lot and feel you can not cope. Then it may still be depression which may not go away on its own or for some time. As long as you are depressed you are likely to have strong desires to be diapered.

It is not a problem as long as you can function in normal life and take care of your responsibilities. The moment you are not able to cope at all without diapers, or they essentially take over, is the moment that you need to seek assistance.

If your indulgence doesn't unreasonably get in the way and if it quiets down when you have healed from the loss you should be ok.

In my opinion this is not an obsession but then you will need to pay attention to yourself to make sure this is not happening.