Thread: Augmented Reality Figurines.

Default Augmented Reality Figurines.

From Geekologie.com,
    "Dennou AR Figures were released in Japan earlier this month by Geisha Entertainment. It's a software package bundled with a special cube and paddle that you move in front of a webcam to interact with your make-believe lady friend. Mostly I think they were made so you could look up their skirts and spank them, which, while disturbing, is by no means surprising."

I thought this was one of the funniest little things ever, thought it seems very similar to the functions of the Eyetoy/XboxLive vision camera, give or take a few features. Link to the vid below

YouTube - ????????????????????

Hehe, I agree with the comments. So ronery. Is this hologram technology or what?

Think of that one PS3 Eyetoy Card game, Eye of Judgement as a comparison. It's similar to that, except it uses a cube and stick to stimulate the software image, instead of cards.

Because you dont actually seen the figurine in real time, only through viewing the webcam feed

Sounds, well, interesting, i guess? But if all you can do is punch them and knock em off the cube, that doesnt seem to fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor92 View Post
    Sounds, well, interesting, i guess? But if all you can do is punch them and knock em off the cube, that doesnt seem to fun to me.
    YOu can give them stuff, and their programming is Sim-like. I think its interesting technology to fiddle with

If you enjoy augmented reality, I heartily encourage you to watch the anime Dennou Coil. It revolves around a small group of kids treasure hunting in a city filled with holograms you can only see through your glasses. It's pretty light-hearted, but each episode is preceded by an urban legend, which lends mystery and tension to the series.