Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with little emotions

Default Dealing with little emotions

So I've been thinking about my emotional state and how I deal with things differently when regressed. As an adult, I am pretty strong emotionally, a forgive and forget kinda guy...you know I like to move on quickly and not carry too much negative stuff. But, if I take an emotional hit to my little self while regressed, it seems to hang around for ages, like I can't deal with it..it can leave me feeling really sad inside. I was wondering if others experience this, and what they might do to help getting on with things.

get yourself a parent and let them (he or she) deal with your "littles" emotions....
    that is what i let my SO do... i mean most people seem to want a mommy or daddy so they can change them.... but if i need changed, i can get that. what i can't do is deal with my little's problems.... that is what my SO does best!

I have a partner who knows and is accepting, however, her participation is pretty much limited to accommodating cuddles. she's not really at the let mommy deal with that level. and even though we love each other heaps, she can sometimes, unknowingly upset me while I'm regressed. I think that she probably knows what's goin on but feels uneasy about confronting my little.

I think that might be an accurate explanation for what i'm going through. I'm the type that is extremely forgiving, however ever since my little side was attacked, I've been extremely withdrawn from my religion, and a little secretive from my parents. I think maybe it is because our true emotional character is the little guy inside of us, so unless somebody manages to make an insult at us, directed towards our little side, it doesn't really phase us much. And since our little side is so secret, we are hardly affected by insults, right up until they are directed towards the little, and then it hurts.

Interesting littlelodgewrecker, I never thought about that advantage of a mommy or daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I think that might be an accurate explanation for what i'm going through. I'm the type that is extremely forgiving, however ever since my little side was attacked, I've been extremely withdrawn from my religion, and a little secretive from my parents. I think maybe it is because our true emotional character is the little guy inside of us, so unless somebody manages to make an insult at us, directed towards our little side, it doesn't really phase us much. And since our little side is so secret, we are hardly affected by insults, right up until they are directed towards the little, and then it hurts.

Interesting littlelodgewrecker, I never thought about that advantage of a mommy or daddy.
    True, it is not easy to insult me or make me angry. Only people whom I know and trust dearly have the power to hurt me, and even then there are really only two ways to do it. The only things that get to me are getting in my way, and talking down to me. My younger sister, whom I'm not truly that fond of, loves to patronize and talk to me like I am a baby. It makes me want to kill her. It is highly effective, because it cuts right past me and insults my little. Of course she knows not what she does, but it hurts more than she could ever understand.

Well it sounds to me like you regress just fine. Smile. And like any child you are very sensitive to what others think and say what they say hurts. As an adult male you have developed strength of caracter and coping skills which allow insults and comments to not penetrate your psyche. However your child self does not have these skills and as any child takes things to heart. I have some of the same issues and have had a few years longer to learn how to cope as a little. (I can be a lot of a brat if I am not careful) First, like any child, running (walking) away is best. Sassing can be useful too as long as the person who has hurt you is playing along.
    A nice sulk with your paci in bed is a solution I sometimes use too as is rewarding myself with a treat.
    Good luck sweetie. Find your center and relax.

I am odd emotionally, I am quite good in most casses, but over tiny things I hulk out, e.g. "Oh my god your cats sick, but I don't really care..'.

BabyJayk

There is a downside to having a caretaker in this though.
    While 9.5/10 times when something upsets my little, Mommy is right there with hugs, kisses, and she will usually take care of whatever has me upset into the bargain. However, because I place so much emotional importance on her, and because I have become so attached to her, sometimes she forgets just how attached to her I am. So its easier for her to hurt me than anyone else and sometimes she does so without even knowing it. In true little fashion I always forgive her very quickly, but the same way she has a 6th sense about when I am wet, she seems to have a 7th sense for when I am sad and I can never hide it quick enough. So it even upsets her sometimes to realize she has made me sad.

Long story short sometimes having a caretaker can be a game of emotional ping pong.

I kinda forgot about this post..haha, nice to see it again...good time to reflect. I'm not feeling as miserable as I was when I posted it, and things are pretty cruisy between me and my partner. I have discussed this somewhat with her, and although we are as close as ever, I have shied away from regressing openly with her at the moment.

I think I can sympathize with you a bit on all this Oz. I, too, am a pretty level headed adult. I get to deal with some crazy stuff on a daily basis thanks to my job. It's really built me up as a strong, easy going guy. Emotionally as a cub, though, yeah... I can get pretty sensitive. Sometimes it's just tears, a plushie, and a blankie. The trick for me is that the closest thing to a mommy I have is a caretaker who is clear across the country. She's wonderful when I can get time with her but we're both busy folks and our time difference stacked on top of a busy schedule makes it tough to have time together. That, and she has a darling cub of her own to worry about full time. I'm just her cross-country nephew *blush*.

My partner, on the other hand, while once very repelled by the idea of regression, now has a little one sharing himself as well. So when things get a little blue and cubby Bearhardt needs some emotional support it's largely another cub who is there.

I'm kind of derailing myself on this reply... :p sorry.

I suppose what I'm trying to share is that yes, I am a pretty sturdy grown up who has some rough and heavy sads as a cub with (mostly) no caretaker to take the brunt of it. I've been fortunate enough to at least share with another live-in cub but, yeah... I know how it can be, friend.

Sakes alive. I am terrible at this forum thing. *blush*