Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think my friend is a DL??

Default I think my friend is a DL??

One of my best friends I think is a diaper lover. He is always obsessed about incontinence, making jokes about people being incontionent. And one night, I notice tucked between his bed and wall were baby diapers. He said they were for his sisters upcoming baby adoption, but his sister hadn't even seen the baby yet so I imagine she didn't know the size. And the bag was open. And shortly after that, he put a lock on his closet door. If I get one more strong hint that he's a DL, should I maybe ease him into the concept?

Maybe he is; maybe not. Try to let him know you're okay with the talk. Go along with it; or actively discuss it. He may be incontinent himself and is trying to cover-up himself by talking about it openly.

If you're really strong friends; just ask him. Make sure he knows you don't mean any offense or he might end up getting majorly upset. As you said; easing into the subject is the best thing to do if you want to be more level with each other

From what you say, I would have to agree that he's a DL. You might, out of the clear blue, ask him if he's ever been on adisc, and watch his reaction. Let's face it, we're a good ice breaker for such things.

I was in a similar situation with my friend who introduced me to the whole diaper thing. I heard a few light crinkle sounds when he was shifting on the couch next to me, so I poked his hip and said "crinkle" while grinning (wasn't quite sure what it was, but had an suspicion and was fine with it). He turned it around and just said "want to try some on?" which made me blush and mumble "uh, not right now". Wish I had now

I can't even begin to get my head round the idea that this should be so common that two AB/DLs should ever have any chance of just happening to discover each other... It makes me wonder if anyone I know is keeping a secret...

Having a preoccupation with diapers can make a rational assessment of diaper-related subjects difficult. For instance, many DLs have a tendency to consciously or subconsciously look for others who wear: In the "Noticing someone else" thread, a good number of sightings go somewhere along the lines of "I saw someone with a bulge that I thought was a diaper, but I can't be entirely sure." Surely, DLs have a better-than-average ability to pick out diaper bulges, but you have to admit that sort of thinking has the potential to convince a DL that someone who isn't wearing is. Even a small bulge can be taken, with wishful thinking, to be padding. The point is, we want to know that there are others like us, and that desire can sometimes convince us of what we want to believe, despite otherwise dubious evidence.

So, as the desire to find others like us can cause us to imagine strangers as padded, it can similarly instill in us suspicions that our friends are AB/DL. After all, what would be better than knowing a DL in person and having a friend you're already well-acquainted with to share your interests? In longing for these things, it's not uncommon to piece together every little mention of diapers into suspicions that one or more of your friends is your DL. I know I have... when I was a kid, I thought for the longest time that one of friends could be an AB/DL because, when we played pretend, he once, and only once presented a scenario in which he ended up regressing to a child in diapers. Of course, children pretend a lot of silly things, and when he ended up magically turning into a girl or getting tied up by pirates, I never assumed he was transgender or into bondage, though both of those things are statistically more common. But because I was fascinated by diapers myself, I took that one instance to be almost proof that he was as well. Still, I was never sure enough to ask him outright.

My advice is to step back and consider each indication of his interest in diapers individually, keeping in mind that AB/DLs are quite rare in the general populace, and that the chance of a particular person being AB/DL is incredibly small. Are there no other, innocuous reasons he might be doing what he's doing?

- For example, incontinence jokes aren't that different from other common toilet humor; maybe he just finds them funny.
    - He may be telling the truth about the diapers you found, and if not, he could just be embarrassed that you found diapers behind his bed. They could be bedwetting diapers, or even diapers left from when he needed them.
    - I can think of any number of things your friend wouldn't want you to see in his closet, and to assume the cause is a bit of a leap.

I'm not saying your friend isn't a DL; of course, I don't know him well enough to make a judgement. As you've observed, he's shown signs that it's a definite possibility. Just make sure your suspicions are well-founded before you ask him anything, because I know firsthand that the desire to find another AB/DL can be overpowering, and I've put some of my own friends under similar scrutiny. I would err on the side of caution and avoid asking him outright, since you may not want the awkwardness of revealing yourself when your friend is not in fact a DL. It certainly wouldn't hurt to maybe drop some subtler hints, and gauge his reactions to them though. It'd be awesome if you found a real life DL friend!

Who cares if he is or isn't!? Is it really any of your business? Not really... I would probably knock my friend out if they brought up such questions, and I expect my friends would do the same to me if I pried into their business the same way. I can see that people desperately search for a friend or someone else who is like them (a tangible person, not one of us online). But really? Are you going to bring this up with your friend? Do you realize how awkward and uncomfortable the whole conversation would be?

I know there will be some who will argue: "But there's posts all the time about finding out so-and-so's best friend was an AB/DL and now they have diaper parties and lived happily ever after..." Hate to tell you, most are FAKES! Just people fantasizing, or they're delusional, and they happen to want to broadcast their fantasies/delusions with the rest of the world. I don't know why they have this burning desire to share these stories falsely advertised as true to everyone and their dog, but they do.

Do your friend and yourself a favour, don't bring it up to him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckPlease View Post
    Who cares if he is or isn't!? Is it really any of your business? Not really... I would probably knock my friend out if they brought up such questions, and I expect my friends would do the same to me if I pried into their business the same way. I can see that people desperately search for a friend or someone else who is like them (a tangible person, not one of us online). But really? Are you going to bring this up with your friend? Do you realize how awkward and uncomfortable the whole conversation would be?

I know there will be some who will argue: "But there's posts all the time about finding out so-and-so's best friend was an AB/DL and now they have diaper parties and lived happily ever after..." Hate to tell you, most are FAKES! Just people fantasizing, or they're delusional, and they happen to want to broadcast their fantasies/delusions with the rest of the world. I don't know why they have this burning desire to share these stories falsely advertised as true to everyone and their dog, but they do.

Do your friend and yourself a favour, don't bring it up to him/her.
    I echo this sentiment, just because your friend may be a diaper lover it doesn't mean anything and it won't change anything. If I found out one of my friends was an AB/DL I would just let it slide, I don't want to participate on any AB/DL activities with them nor do I want to talk about it with them at all as it would be awkward as hell and just plain weird. Best friend or not but someone people just like to keep things like this private, I mean he put a lock on the door for a reason and wasn't keen on you snooping through his stuff so I doubt he wants to share this with the world and that includes you. For the record it does sound like he is one based on your description but he also sounds like it is his own private thing so I'd say drop it and move on.

brneyesgrl

Did you find baby diapers or adult sized diapers?

Quote Originally Posted by diperluver View Post
    One of my best friends I think is a diaper lover. He is always obsessed about incontinence, making jokes about people being incontionent. And one night, I notice tucked between his bed and wall were baby diapers. He said they were for his sisters upcoming baby adoption, but his sister hadn't even seen the baby yet so I imagine she didn't know the size. And the bag was open. And shortly after that, he put a lock on his closet door. If I get one more strong hint that he's a DL, should I maybe ease him into the concept?
    Perhaps you should drop a CD or DVD on the ground, then pick it up and say a-disc.
    Say it a second time.
    Check if he has any reaction.
    Could be quite easy to tell if he is aware.
    If not just say the word amuses you.