Thread: Final diagnosis from urologist

Default Final diagnosis from urologist

After all the tests he came to the conclusion that I have Primary bladder neck obstruction. Yeah my reaction too "A what?". It just means I have a narrow bladder neck causing me to show signs of BPH. Thankfully my prostate is normal size & not the culprit. Just what caused this condition? No clue. First thing the doctor suggested was Transurethral needle ablation.

(It is performed by placing interstitial radiofrequency (RF) needles through the urethra and into the lateral lobes of the prostate, causing heat-induced coagulation necrosis. The tissue is heated to 110C at an RF power of 456 kHz for approximately 3 minutes per lesion. A coagulation defect is created.)

The blank look on my face suggested that I was not keen on this idea of baking my pecker XD. First off they have to put you under for it. After the experience I had back in April where I died after surgery from bleeding to death & being kept in a medically induced coma for 6 days the LAST thing I am going to do is a "simple procedure".
    I asked what would be the outcome if I just did nothing? I was hoping to hear the word diapers in there but sadly no. I herd kidney failure & bladder cancer & well I decided to go back to the meds that had worked at first but by the second month faded away. He put me on .8mg Flowmax up from .4mg. Started them at the beginning of the week so I should start seeing results some time next week. I am not to crazy about having to take more drugs but for now it sure beats the heck out of having surgery.

SkarTiger

I'm just glad that you're alive and breathing after the difficult past months you had
    Skar

I would get a Second opinion there are other treatments Primary Bladder Neck Obstruction
    The primary treatment is medication, with alpha-blockers being the most commonly used drug.I would look here these guys are the best at what they do
    Bladder Neck Obstruction and Contracture Treatment - Center for Reconstructive Urology
    as for me I see the doc on the 22 and I am worried about the out come Previous Ct scans showed nothing but pain and bladder problems still exist

Taking the meds for now. This is the second doctor I have seen & came highly recommended by ppl I know. I don't think what I have is a big deal.........right now :/ I hope you get some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklemedic View Post
    I would get a Second opinion there are other treatments Primary Bladder Neck Obstruction
    The primary treatment is medication, with alpha-blockers being the most commonly used drug.I would look here these guys are the best at what they do
    Bladder Neck Obstruction and Contracture Treatment - Center for Reconstructive Urology
    as for me I see the doc on the 22 and I am worried about the out come Previous Ct scans showed nothing but pain and bladder problems still exist