Thread: Abri-Form X-Plus S4 What I thought of them,

jj2jjj

Talking Abri-Form X-Plus S4 What I thought of them,

Somehow, I ended up with an Abena S4. My aim was to get some M4 samples but apparently I ordered the wrong things :P

Anyway, I decided I'd try out the diaper that came anyway so here's my review type thing

The first thing I noticed was cloth backed. I've heard a lot of bad things about cloth backed and to be honest I'm not entirely sure why. Cloth backed made me feel so much better! I didn't sweat, I didn't feel claustrophobic. In fact, I felt incredibly comfortable! When I wear plastic backed diapers I just feel like a grown man wearing diapers yet when I wore these I felt so much younger and happier.

However, I thought I had leaked a ton of times. Cloth backed diapers seem to feel a little moist on the outside after wetting. I was about ready to hop on here and give them a horrible review but then I realised I hadn't leaked and my clothes weren't wet. It's strange how they made me think I had leaked but they were perfectly fine.

Talking about leaking and absorbency etc I'd say these diapers have a good absorbency. Not up to par with some other products though. For example the other diapers I use regularly are Cuddlz UK and they last a lot longer than these.

But having said that, they lasted me about 4 hours with 3/4 of a litre of irn bru diet in me which certainly makes you pee. Perhaps they would have lasted longer if I hadn't drunk so excessively :P

Tapes. One day, I will find a diaper with tapes that don't come undone. The tapes were fine but then the top right one came undone. It took a couple of layers of duct tape wrapped round a few times to keep it down.

These diapers sag, a lot. It actually feels pretty great. The cloth backed feel with the amount of sag was very enjoyable.

Unfortunately like a lot of diapers, the padding clumps

And that's pretty much it. Sorry if my review has been useless I just wanted to write about my experiences.

I'm an official cloth backed convert now On that subject, why do some of you guys and girls hate cloth backed so much?

I tried the cloth backed s4's too once. They actually are not that bad the main issue i had with them that turned me away was the tapes They kept giving me a loose fit when they became undone. I rather not have to trap myself in a diaper by duck taping it shut xD. I know i had a really hard time getting a diaper off when abuniverise released there 1 tape on each side diaper. I was like,"Well when they wanted to make a baby diaper in size i guess they wanted you to feel as weak as one too".

People mostly hate cloth backed because it's not plastic and therefore less diaper-like. The smell and crinkle of plastic is probably a major component of wearing for a lot of people.

Another reason (which you found) is that they sweat. I've seen some people report them leaving a large visible wet patch on the backside of cotton pants, and most people report them feeling damp on the outside no matter what. That also has the effect of cooling the diaper as the moisture evaporates, which can leave it feeling cold and clammy depending on circumstances.

Also, abena smalls use less padding than the medium and large sizes (which use the same amount afaik, the large just has more plastic to wrap around further). You'll probably see a pretty big improvement in absorbancy if you switch to a medium.

That's why I wear a high waist plastic pant around them when i wore the cloth backed. They didn't even get that sweaty, and felt very good. A LOT more absorbent than the plastic backed and they fit better. Tapes actually stayed and didn't rip the plastic off a million time..

But remember, I do love my cloth diapees too, so probably biased.

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    That's why I wear a high waist plastic pant around them when i wore the cloth backed. They didn't even get that sweaty, and felt very good. A LOT more absorbent than the plastic backed and they fit better. Tapes actually stayed and didn't rip the plastic off a million time..

But remember, I do love my cloth diapees too, so probably biased.
    Yea i have worn both of the plastic backed and cloth versions of the abena s4's and I have to say they both absorb the same amount. I always add a booster pad with them though, so that it has the same absorbency as a large. abena s4 (24 oz) + abena normal booster(12 oz)= large (36oz)

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    Yea i have worn both of the plastic backed and cloth versions of the abena s4's and I have to say they both absorb the same amount. I always add a booster pad with them though, so that it has the same absorbency as a large. abena s4 (24 oz) + abena normal booster(12 oz)= large (36oz)
    I wonder if one day I'll actually use some of my abenas i have.. I keep wanting to wear one to school again but something prevents me everytime. Probably the fact they're freaking expensive and I'm dumping all of my money into my home network.

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    I wonder if one day I'll actually use some of my abenas i have.. I keep wanting to wear one to school again but something prevents me everytime. Probably the fact they're freaking expensive and I'm dumping all of my money into my home network.
    Huh!?! I never thought of abena s4's as expensive. *lol* Whenever I bought them I only ended up paying like $23.95 for a pack of 22. *not including shipping* I normally do the cheapest shipping from XpMedicial because regardless of what I pick *that is not next day* I get it in 3 days. If you actually compare the price for smalls to how much a medium diaper cost you would see you are lucky in some regards. On XpMedical a pack of 14 diapers for abena m4's cost $22.95, and one abena s4 normally will last me all day. Just as long as I am not like drinking 10 gallons of water. *lol* Plus like I said in the other post, if you add a booster pad you get the same absorbency as a large abena L4 and the pack of booster pads will last you for a while. I have 3 plastic backed abena s4's left and like 40 boosters pads left. *xD* As for wearing to school, I only wore to school like twice but I never wet. I was worried about the diaper making me walk funny. *xD*

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    Huh!?! I never thought of abena s4's as expensive. *lol* Whenever I bought them I only ended up paying like $23.95 for a pack of 22. *not including shipping* I normally do the cheapest shipping from XpMedicial because regardless of what I pick *that is not next day* I get it in 3 days. If you actually compare the price for smalls to how much a medium diaper cost you would see you are lucky in some regards. On XpMedical a pack of 14 diapers for abena m4's cost $22.95, and one abena s4 normally will last me all day. Just as long as I am not like drinking 10 gallons of water. *lol* Plus like I said in the other post, if you add a booster pad you get the same absorbency as a large abena L4 and the pack of booster pads will last you for a while. I have 3 plastic backed abena s4's left and like 40 boosters pads left. *xD* As for wearing to school, I only wore to school like twice but I never wet. I was worried about the diaper making me walk funny. *xD*
    A lot of it comes from the fact I look for how long I can use a product vs how it costs. I got 96 active plus diapers which can hold about 1-1.5 full wettings per for $55 shipped. They're $60 in mediums now, but you do get almost 100. I'd only get about 50-60 abenas for about the same.

But that's just me

Kari

Even if they are "cloth like" covering, all diapers from Pampers, Pull Ups to Abenas have a PE (polyethylene) sheet or what's more commonly called a plastic backing. Maybe somewhat thinner, but it's under there.