Thread: Do you think diapers are emasculating?

Default Do you think diapers are emasculating?

I'm curious if anyone has had the following experience or something similar. Shortly after telling my girlfriend that I had a diaper fetish she began asking me questions about why I wear, how long I've been wearing, if I wear at certain times, etc.

While still slightly embarrassed, I answered all her questions to the best of my ability. Fast forwarding about a month, she called me one night and said she had an interest in us wearing together. I was in no way prepared for this dream come true. We diapered each other, talked, and then fell asleep (no use).

Later, I told her how great it was getting to share that experience and if she'd ever consider wearing again, wetting, or doing role play with me (no pressure). She said she would think about it and to bring it up again in the future.

A month and a half later we wore again. Shortly after that she began turning distant. One night it came to a head and we discussed the problem at hand. She said that seeing me in diapers was emasculating and that it really didn't do anything for her.

I told her she didn't have to participate it if she didn't want to and that if it bothered her I could wear when not around her and not really bring up the topic. She agreed and said it was something she could maybe get into more over time.

I can't fault her for not being into it or her type of activity. Different strokes for different folks. It's just something I wish I could do with her, but not at the expense of hurting our relationship.

Default Re: Do you think diapers are emasculating?

Yeah, they are a bit emasculating and defeminizing. Even though I'm in a relationship with a dl, when we want to be romantic I insist neither of us wears. This upsets my boyfriend a bit but I don't find diapers sexy or masculine. I'm attracted to him not to his diapers and I feel like it gets in the way. I know it sounds shocking coming from an AB but yeah.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Well I'm also say sorry for you and your girlfriend. But at least she tried I mean it seems she don't sure about it but willing to try it for you. I only can say I wished the best for you and your girlfriend for it.

Back to the question Did Diaper are emasculating? Well it is depends of course TB/DL people is not thinking like that. But I think the reason your girlfriend thinks they are emasculating is because diaper is associated with who? Babies. And she probably thinks that way. Of course you cannot change someone view in a second it did takes some times and proper strategy to execute that. And to be honest I never find Diaper is emasculating in fact it's making them cute!!.

Well All I can say to you is wish you both of lucks. I believe you can find solution with your girlfriends.

it is not a matter of masculinity or femininity, it is a matter of maturity. It is probably not that it is seen as making one less of a man, but rather less of an adult. One seen as more vulnerable, less strong, and less matured. For those who would look upon diaper wearers this way, it would be easy to understand why it would be unattractive. But anyway, That is it for my playing devil's advocate.

You are fortunate though however that she is open minded and loves you enough to try. With dedication like that, and freedom to practice I'd say your in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartpacifiers View Post
    Even though I'm in a relationship with a dl, when we want to be romantic I insist neither of us wears.
    I agree with this completely. For those that enjoy having diapers being part of intercourse, that's fine... but
    it doesn't work for me at all because it basically ruins my associations of diapers with being a child. I find it impossible to combine me being a kid feeling loved and comforted linked in any way with intercourse.

That's a big turn off.

I have a hard time understanding why diapers can be a problem for people. I mean sure they don't turn them on but why does it get in the way of their partner wearing them? I don't find underwear a turn on or boxers or pants or shorts or bras or other clothing. But they don't get in the way when my husband has his clothes on. So someone is wearing a diaper, so what. Why does that get in the way of turning you on? Are pants or shorts or shirts a turn on? Is that why people take them off during sex because they are a turn off and so are under clothes? You can take the diaper off too during sex if it doesn't turn your partner on. It's just the same as taking everything else off.

CrinklySiren

Its not that their emasculating... I get a little upset when people refer to abdls as gay or something of the sort, assuming that all of us are gay just because we like to wear diapers and dress like babies, the thing is that women act innocent while men act hard, so for a man to suddenly let go of adulthood, it seems emasculating, but you dont look at a baby and think "that baby is a pussy, he's probably gonna be gay". We live in a world where when people dont understand something, they think its either wrong or should be insulted :P I for one can say that I am a Man and i can be a Man when the time is appropriate, but when I'm an AB, I have left my masculinity behind and replaced it with the innocence of being a child, who has no sense of gender behavior.

this is what I think anyway :P

Yeah, they can be. But isn't that the point for some of us. To lose the preconceptions that come with being an adult. I've always felt that as a man, I should be tough and serious. Fought with this for a long time and just recently realized it's ok to be cute and vulnerable sometimes, as long as i'm being me.
    I can understand that some woman want a "man" around the house, and that wearing diapers can ruin that impression. To this I say, find balance. Try to come to a compromise where you can be her man at times, and other times you can indulge your little side. After all, relationships are about working together to make both people happy. If that can't be done, sorry to say, it brings about rocky roads ahead. Just because our past-time is not "normal", doesn't make it any less important to us. I wish you the best dl1036. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dl1036 View Post
    She said that seeing me in diapers was emasculating and that it really didn't do anything for her.
    That is what most non ABDL types would say and its a normal logical response.
    Have you read the sites that give incontinent people a pep talk about how astronaut's wear diapers and they were not ashamed, its definitely something most would be embarrassed about.

Its not manly to be wearing a diaper, but thats ok.

We love our diapers, we are different and since she tried it out, and then told you her feelings, that may not change.

As long as you still get to indulge and she is fine with you being a DL, kudos to her for trying.

You are still a man who like diapers, so what!

BigC300

Quote Originally Posted by dl1036 View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has had the following experience or something similar. Shortly after telling my girlfriend that I had a diaper fetish she began asking me questions about why I wear, how long I've been wearing, if I wear at certain times, etc.

While still slightly embarrassed, I answered all her questions to the best of my ability. Fast forwarding about a month, she called me one night and said she had an interest in us wearing together. I was in no way prepared for this dream come true. We diapered each other, talked, and then fell asleep (no use).

Later, I told her how great it was getting to share that experience and if she'd ever consider wearing again, wetting, or doing role play with me (no pressure). She said she would think about it and to bring it up again in the future.

A month and a half later we wore again. Shortly after that she began turning distant. One night it came to a head and we discussed the problem at hand. She said that seeing me in diapers was emasculating and that it really didn't do anything for her.

I told her she didn't have to participate it if she didn't want to and that if it bothered her I could wear when not around her and not really bring up the topic. She agreed and said it was something she could maybe get into more over time.

I can't fault her for not being into it or her type of activity. Different strokes for different folks. It's just something I wish I could do with her, but not at the expense of hurting our relationship.

Diapers and the thought of total submission and control by the diapering Mommy is what drives me to eckstatic euphoria!