Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Soaker

pamperchu

Default Super Soaker

Who remembers super soakers. I always wanted the big one I saw on TV commercials but I never got a nice one. I also remember that there was a time in the late 90s that they stopped selling squirt guns and where telling kids to turn in their squirt guns and receive a Frisbee or hat for them, and they would crush all the toy guns. Now I guess they are rare because of that. I found one at the goodwill bins, it was made in 1995 and has a pressure gauge.

^^^ Ruler is in inches. so I think its about 22" long! That would have been huge for a 7 year old. I was 7 in 1995.^^^

I probably had 5 different super soakers in my day! My first one was tan in color and my second one had a backpack tank. my third and fourth were an identical pair both yellow with blue tanks and my last one was a non super soaker, but it was orange and had a laser sight thingy built into it. Ill see if i can find pics of em..

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by NyanFloyd View Post
    I probably had 5 different super soakers in my day! My first one was tan in color and my second one had a backpack tank. my third and fourth were an identical pair both yellow with blue tanks and my last one was a non super soaker, but it was orange and had a laser sight thingy built into it. Ill see if i can find pics of em..
    I remember the backpack 2 gallon soaker. When I was that age, 1995, all i did was sit at the computer and tinker with electronics, I didn't have any friends to play with anyway.

found em! These are all 1998/1999 models. I actually had all these at the same time for awhile.... guess my memory ain't what it used to be. ill list the models
    xp70 I had 2 of these
    xp240 2 of these as well
    xp270
    sc power pak
    sc 600

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 14323Attachment 14324Attachment 14325

pamperchu

cool stuff

Thaguy123

These days they will break after some use :S

The old ones are the best!

SkarTiger

Quote Originally Posted by NyanFloyd View Post
    I have one similar to this, it still works and it's pretty neat after about 13 years of use
    Skar

Name:  14322d1348728936t-super-soaker-super_soaker_xp270.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  2.1 KB

I remember this one really well. This one day, for my friend's birthday, a big group of us (around 15-20?) went to a park and had an all out watergun war. It was a total blast! There were waterguns lying around the park, with a few special 'supply points' that were water spriggets (and also water ballons). I ended up with the yellow and green one for most of the day, all though at one point I had this huge one (I think it was purple?). It took forever to pump it enough so I could shoot a decent amount of water - and it leaked - so I traded it out for another one.

Supersam1223

Default Super Soaker

Hmm..... Last time I used water guns of any kind, I fell into a bush and cut open my leg on a kerb...... I was looking behind me whilst running, tripped on the kerb, cutting my leg in the process (I kind of twisted and my shin dragged along the edge leaving a nice long cut down the length of my shin), and landed half in a bush... It was fun.

I have a friend who modifies NERF guns. He's made ones that can break skin.