Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here, please be kind

Default New here, please be kind

I am new to this forum but it was recommended to me. I am hoping to overcome my shyness and my fearfulness about AB/AD. Thanks.

Welcome!

Most everyone is pretty shy at first, but I'm sure you'll fit right in. Usually in introductions people like to talk about hobbies, careers, that kind of thing. I'm an avid reader of most fiction, I'm currently reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for the second time, I've read pretty much every Stephen King, Terry Brooks, and Dean Koontz book, the fantasy and sometimes a little bit of horror really appeals to me. I have three cats, one of which is morbidly obese, and a turtle named Tuck. Do you have any pets?

I also love pretty much anything computer related and play several musical instruments, which suck up most of time. What do you like to do in your free time?

Thank you for you kind greetings, I appreciate it. I like to do long distance cycling. I do play some computer games, currently DayZ, but I don't have a lot of free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumomoko View Post
    I am new to this forum but it was recommended to me. I am hoping to overcome my shyness and my fearfulness about AB/AD. Thanks.
    Hi Sumomoko. Welcome to ADISC, I am glad you have found us. You need not be shy or fearful discussing any AB/ DL topics, or asking any questions you may have. You are among friends here, and almost without exception, the members here are both kind and helpful. We really do want to get to know the new members better, so, as Samushi said, could you tell us a little bit about your hobbies, career, or general likes and dislikes. We are not asking for you to tell us your life's story, but just some of the things you like to do outside of your AB/ DL interests and activities. We certainly do discuss diapers, and age-play and regression, but we also talk about alot of topics that have nothing to do with the AB/ DL world. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you better, and reading what you have to say. Take care, and have fun exploring the wonderous world that is ADISC.

I have two leopard geckos and a squirrel. Odd yes, but the squirrel got injured in storm and is partially blind. I have a state permit that allows me to keep him.

I have two leopard geckos and a squirrel. Odd yes, but the squirrel got injured in storm and is partially blind. I have a state permit that allows me to keep him.
    That is both odd, and very interesting. What does a leopard gecko look like ? Probably not like the one that sells insurance on television. I didn't know you had to have a state permit to keep a squirrel, but it does not supprise me.

I am also married and have two small children. As a teenager, I thought I might be bisexual or a lesbian, but I was not very outgoing and had few relationships. I did meet a man and fell in love with him. When it turned out that he was a cross dresser, I was thrilled, it turned out this was exactly my taste. When it turned out that he also liked diapers, I was intrigued but not afraid. We had many, many good times. We were together for two years, but then we broke up. Eventually, we got back together, and have been together for many years.

But some bad things that happened that kind of caused our break up has made me afraid to do things with him I used to love to do, such as getting dressed up, diapering, etc. According to my therapist, I have PTSD directly caused by some of the painful things that happened. It has made me very shy about his cross dressing and AB/AD stuff. My husband wants us to do more cross dressing and AB/AD stuff. I not only want to, but I want to want it the way that I used to. But, I can't stop feeling afraid.

I am also married and have two small children. As a teenager, I thought I might be bisexual or a lesbian, but I was not very outgoing and had few relationships. I did meet a man and fell in love with him. When it turned out that he was a cross dresser, I was thrilled, it turned out this was exactly my taste. When it turned out that he also liked diapers, I was intrigued but not afraid. We had many, many good times. We were together for two years, but then we broke up. Eventually, we got back together, and have been together for many years.

But some bad things that happened that kind of caused our break up has made me afraid to do things with him I used to love to do, such as getting dressed up, diapering, etc. According to my therapist, I have PTSD directly caused by some of the painful things that happened. It has made me very shy about his cross dressing and AB/AD stuff. My husband wants us to do more cross dressing and AB/AD stuff. I not only want to, but I want to want it the way that I used to. But, I can't stop feeling afraid.
    Your therapist is surely more qualified than I am to advise you on such intimate matters, but perhaps by slowly re-aquainting yourselves with these interests, things can again be like they used to be. Try taking ' baby-steps ' ( and yes, the pun was intended. ).

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    That is both odd, and very interesting. What does a leopard gecko look like ? Probably not like the one that sells insurance on television. I didn't know you had to have a state permit to keep a squirrel, but it does not supprise me.
    No, leopard geckos are cuter, if you ask me. Google them and you can see what they look like. : )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    Your therapist is surely more qualified than I am to advise you on such intimate matters, but perhaps by slowly re-aquainting yourselves with these interests, things can again be like they used to be. Try taking ' baby-steps ' ( and yes, the pun was intended. ).
    I am trying, this is a baby step, haha.

We have a big herpetology center in my junior high school, so I am quite familiar with the leopard gecko, as I have handled them.

Yes, I would take cross dressing and diapers slowly, doing maybe just a little and then assessing to see how comfortable you both are. You might keep your therapist informed as well as he would have better input than any of us.

I want to welcome you to the site as well and say that you can benefit from the support you can get on this site. You can start any thread you wish, especially if it's about things you might be doing, and want some feedback from us. As a group, we're into a lot of different things, and at the same time, as sites go, we are a more normal, civilized group. We will treat you with respect and kindness. It's who we are. I think you can increase your comfort level at home by reading a number of the threads on this site and experience how we deal with similar things. I wish you well in all of this.