Thread: Well I THOUGHT I ordered Abena M4's.....

Default Well I THOUGHT I ordered Abena M4's.....

Yesterday I ordered what I thought was an Abena M4 sample - well I guessed - from Incontinence Products & Continence Products Next Day |

Today this is what showed up:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120926-00082.jpg 
Views:	1174 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	14288

Name:	IMG-20120926-00083.jpg 
Views:	1774 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	14289

This is the only text I can find on the diaper:

Name:	IMG-20120926-00084.jpg 
Views:	3080 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	14290

This was the sample I ordered: 10p Sample Abena Abri Form All In One Medium X Plus 3600ml - -

I guessed, seeing as it had the same name, size and absorbency (Barring M4 being at the end of the name) that they were the same thing. Unless Abena have radically changed what their diaper looks like clearly I was wrong.

Case Saver 3 x Abena Abri-Form Medium (70-110cm 27-43in) X-Plus (3600ml) Pack of 14 - M4 - -

So, diaper experts, could you help me figure out what the heck I have actually ordered hehe?

- - - Updated - - -

The text which hasn't come out so well says "Air Plus"

Abena has recently radically changed what their diapers look like. They changed the plastic to cloth for example. They also changed the name, Abri-form doesn't exist anymore I think. It could be called air plus now.
    I bought a pack a few weeks ago and found this out as well. I'm not happy about the changes. Some online stores still sell the plastic Abri-forms though.
    Hope this helps.

Default Re: Well I THOUGHT I ordered Abena M4's.....

It looks like they sent you the Small. Abenas are color coded by size. Yellow = small, Blue = medium, Green = large. The number is the absorbency level; 1 being the least, 4 the most. So you got an S(something). Look on the diaper for the number.

What you have there are Air-Plus S4's.

First off they are smalls. (Hence the "S"). Also they appear to have 4 lines going front to back, which indicates the "4", or highest absorbency.

If you were looking for plastic M4's, these will be a disappointment.

Certainly not what I ordered then - I ordered mediums. Oh well, at least I can try out the size.

- - - Updated - - -

May I ask, if I ordered this pack: would I receive plastic backed M4's?

It's impossible to tell. When they changed to cloth they changed the packaging as well but without a picture of the packaging or a clear product description you can't know for sure. You could mail them and ask them.
    They do sell the plastic backed ones from this site Abena Abri Form X-Plus with plastic-backed.
    They ship from the Netherlands though so the posting will probably be more expensive. I've ordered from them a few times and they are to be trusted.

To be fair I don't care if it's plastic backed or cloth backed, all I want is to try some M4's

the air plus's arnt that bad. i get the m4's every once and a while. i had to go thru xp medical to get specifically the plastic backed m-4's.

I'm going to do a review type post on the diaper I have ended up with this evening when I've seen how much use I got out of it.

I do have to say though, I think I'm liking cloth backed. I've never felt so.. secure before. I'm not sure why.