Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think it's time to stop lurking and say hello

Red face I think it's time to stop lurking and say hello

I'm curious about the friendly community and lifestyle that you have, but also kinda shy. I'm quite curious, but will save my questions for appropriate forum sections.

My first exposure to this lifestyle (is that the right word/term? I don't want to offend) was through a friend who got me in to footie pajamas (so good on a cold night and/or for watching movies). I didn't know until later that he liked diapers, and was intrigued after I thought about it a little. I'm not sure WHY the idea keeps popping back in to my head, though.

I've been lurking for a while, trying to find answers to my questions. Unfortunately the search function isn't lurker friendly

Can any of you (who read the intro section anyways) think of any good information you wish you'd had when you were new?

Quote Originally Posted by footielurker View Post
    I'm curious about the friendly community and lifestyle that you have, but also kinda shy. I'm quite curious, but will save my questions for appropriate forum sections.

My first exposure to this lifestyle (is that the right word/term? I don't want to offend) was through a friend who got me in to footie pajamas (so good on a cold night and/or for watching movies). I didn't know until later that he liked diapers, and was intrigued after I thought about it a little. I'm not sure WHY the idea keeps popping back in to my head, though.

I've been lurking for a while, trying to find answers to my questions. Unfortunately the search function isn't lurker friendly

Can any of you (who read the intro section anyways) think of any good information you wish you'd had when you were new?
    Hi footielurker,

Nice to meet you. I'm not sure what information to give you. I've never really been new to diapers, I've always had a desire for them so It's a little bit different for me. I like to be able to have cute diapers that replicate baby diapers, but that's not the same for everyone. You can get these at places like bambino diapers or abuniverse (google).

For some people just being in a diaper is comforting, and for others, they like to wet, and a smaller percentage use them for both.

But anyways Welcome to ADISC, and by posting, you should be able to search now. It also helps to make friends here that can help you a long. By posting some of your outside interests besides diapers it will help to draw like minded people to this thread that you can interact with. I happen to like cars and computers, and have met serveral people here with the same interestes who have helped me through a lot.

Oh, and feel free to ask me more specific questions here or via PM when you level up.

Hi. I have been on the other end of this myself, having introduced a friend to diapers. Well, like ilikecars I too have been into them all my life. However, my friend just enjoys wearing them and nothing else. And feel free to ask us questions. we're happy to provide answers. And yes, PM is fine too.

Heya Footielurker, Welcome to ADISC!

Yeah.. the search can be a little cumbersome. It is a keyword search that looks at all the threads you can see on the forum. And even visitor messages and some group discussions too. One little thing you can do that will help is click the 'advanced search' button and choose "Search titles only" next to the keywords box. That can probably help.

As far as somethings that most users like to learn about or wish they knew, can be found in our "Articles" section. These are very well written articles on everything from understanding the "Lifestyle" (and yeah... that's a good word for it, others can include: Interest, fetish, ABDLism, community) to diaper reviews, to learning more about how this site works. It is a great place to start out on ADISC, then from there you can dive right into posting in the threads and making friends... ah heck, you can do that right off the bat if you want to, too.

Welcome again and I hope you enjoy it here.

Thanks for the welcomes

Kiwidl, your friend is lucky to know you. It's always nice to have somebody you don't have to be secretive around.

I've searched around the forums (Thanks for the suggestions LilMonkeyAlex) and found answers to many of my questions.

I also checked out bambinos and abuniverse (thanks ilikecars). Bambinos (the name makes me giggle. A friend of the family always called me a bambino when I was little) look like they're pretty high quality. Getting some will be difficult, though!

I have a few basic questions, if that's ok. I'd just like to get a better understanding of the community itself.

First, roughly how many regular contributers post here?

Second, what percentage of members
    1 - wear out of necessity
    2 - just wear because they like to
    3 - wear and use because they like to
    4 - haven't tried wearing yet

Let me know if any of those questions are taboo or anything.

One thing that REALLY stands out about your community is how friendly and supporting it is. I don't see any of the usual forum backstabbing, snarkyness or one upmanship here, which is awesome!

Thanks again!

Hi footielurker,

I'm sure someone else will be able to answer you in more specific detail, I haven't been here long enough to know the numbers. But I know I have met members in all four of your categories so plenty exist. ADISC is primarily a support community, that is what brought me here, since joining I have made many friends that have similar interests. Once you level up you will be able to send private messages to people besides the mod staff as well, and I always found that nice to be able to talk to just one or two people without sharing with the whole board at first when I was shy. Now I realize everyone here is supportive and its ok to make and respond to threads.

I'm glad you found things in your search and yes getting things can be difficult. If you are really interested, there are a few threads that have suggestions on getting diapers.

Most of them in the Teen Baby forum: Teen Baby

http://www.adisc.org/forum/teen-baby...irst-time.html

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...-shipping.html

There are many more, These are just a few from a recent search that had more activity.

First, roughly how many regular contributers post here?

Second, what percentage of members
    1 - wear out of necessity
    2 - just wear because they like to
    3 - wear and use because they like to
    4 - haven't tried wearing yet

Let me know if any of those questions are taboo or anything.

One thing that REALLY stands out about your community is how friendly and supporting it is. I don't see any of the usual forum backstabbing, snarkyness or one upmanship here, which is awesome!
    Thanks footielurker. That is one thing we really strive for. After all a Support Community wouldn't be very supportive if we were too busy creating drama with one another.

Alright... let's try to answer your questions to the best of my ability. There is a chance that Moo has some exact statistics, but I am not sure if he would want to share them or not. ADISC is super serious about privacy and security.

But as far as regular contributors....
    Approximately 250 members make a post on the forums on any given day. Obviously that is not the same 250 members everyday.
    The site has over 23,000 members registered, but only about 4,500 of those are active.
    At any given time, there could be about 200 members online and another 500-800 unregistered users viewing the site.

Not sure if this answers your question, but it is some interesting information:
    According to our member list.
    17 Staff Members
    17 Top Contributors
    43 Distinguished Contributors
    2,575 Established Contributors
    914 Contributors
    for more information on these statuses, see this article.

As far as percentages go... Hmm... that I don't think anyone could answer accurately.
    1. I would venture to guess that this number is less than 25% and of those, most of the ones on this site LIKE the fact that they are in diapers. Maybe 25% (of that 25%) don't like it.

2. I would say that 90% of users on ADISC wear because they like to. (A portion of those also have to, but they still enjoy it.)

3. Wear and use? Hmm... Probably closer to 75% of the total population of ADISC. Of that 75%, I would say that 3/4 of them only like to wet. The other 1/4 likes to wet and/or mess.

4. Haven't tried at all yet. I would guess an actually pretty small percentage, maybe 10-15%. A lot of people post that they are looking forward to their first time, but even though you see a lot of those posts, I think the majority of users on here have worn/use.

(All of these numbers are just from my own observations and do not entail any actual statistical data or science. :P)
    Last edited by LilMonkeyAlex; 27-Sep-2012 at 05:04.

Thanks LilMonkeyAlex and ilikecars!

Thanks for the statistics. I've been wondering just how many people (as a percentage of the population) enjoy diapers. Given the number of users (and lurkers) on this site, it can't be a small number (relative to the obscurity of this particular interest). As my friend who introduced me to diapers said to me "we walk amongst you."

Creating an account and actually SAYING something has really put this in the forefront of my thoughts. Organic chemistry is hard when you're trying to think of a discreet way to get a diaper to try wearing!

I'm quite curious and have many questions, but am a little afraid of alienating myself. Is there anything I should steer clear of other than personal information? I'll try to be as tactful as I can.

Thanks again for answering my bajillion questions!

Hmm... what to steer clear of? Well... if you haven't already, you should check out "the rules".

The best thing I can suggest is to just try to get a sense of the community and try to feel things out. If you are ever really worried about whether or not to post something, you can always send a request to the staff and ask them whether or not it would be appropriate. The worst they would say is "NO".

Sorry to necro my post, but I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question. I searched the FAQ, but got nothing.

What does adisc stand for?

I may be completely blind, but can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks!