Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obesity and Diapers vs. Being In shape and Diapers

Default Obesity and Diapers vs. Being In shape and Diapers

I'm technically still obese at 262 pounds, 6'2".

I've lost 40 lbs the last year but still very overweight. My goal is about 190-200, we'll see what I feel / look like when that time comes, but probably a year and a half away.

I've always been obese since I started wearing diapers so no doubt my selection may be greatly affected by my weight. Here is an example of the diapers I've tried:

Depends Overnight (large) - seems a perfect size fit, but not that absorbant, love the plastic backing and waistband/thigh elastic and leak guards. Hard to find it more affordable for all that!

Attends w/ waistband large and medium - the large are way too large to be comfy to wet w/o leak guard as well as the waist height is too high, and the medium are way too tight. That's the best description of my frustration. If only there was a middleground and a leak guard, this would be a favorite diaper.

Tranquility ATN Large - a bit large again like the attends but medium prolly wouldn't fit. More size frustration

Molicare Large - Same issue but probably highest quality diaper I've tried , tied with the Abena Abri-form X.

Abena Abri-form X - LOVE the feel, the thickness, but the size is just a smidgin too big!

Has anybody else had my frustrations, and if so, I'd love to hear encouraging testimonial of folks who have lost lots of weight and found better fitting diaper sizes!

In the meantime, does anybody know of a diaper between the Attends waistband med and large size, with lower waist height and perhaps a leak guard?

Sadly, Depends overnights seems the only choice that fits :/ lol...

Personally, having dropped 15 lbs in the past 3 months(Slow, but it's working. Lifting weights actually made me relapse back 285, though), just the 2 or 3 inches that I've lost seem to make a big difference in the fit of my diapers. Dry 24/7 Larges are even *more* gigantic, Abenas leak less 'round the back(I attribute this to more toned butt=more for the diaper to cling to properly).

Best of luck in your endeavors as well though, I'm still working on dropping down to 220 or so.(6'2" as well) I like a little bit of a belly, but I've spiraled a bit in the past few years.

Thx for the response and encouragement, I can't wait to be toned and more in shape. That "perfect" fitting diaper is still a dream, all my life.

I always find the medium size in most brands fit me just fine, I'm 6'3" and approximately 250lbs. I used to be much heavier, until a few years ago when I told myself I would never break 300lbs, so I took it on myself to lose weight. I went from a 44" waist to a 36" waist, I'm back up to a 38" waist now, but I'm working on that. I want to lose another 20lbs, 230 would be a good weight for me.

Also, keep up the good work! More diaper options are in your future if you keep it up, and good health too!

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by cuteshylaugh View Post
    I'm technically still obese at 262 pounds, 6'2".
    I've lost 40 lbs the last year but still very overweight. My goal is about 190-200, we'll see what I feel / look like when that time comes, but probably a year and a half away.
    Keep going!!

I've got a friend who I wish would take some of the first steps on that road and who I've been trying to help motivate.

Best of luck =)

Thank you all for such encouraging comments! I feel so very accepted!

I'm around 6' and 200+ and I can fit into Walgreens brand mediums, but it gets tight around the legs very often, so it's too small by a bit. Never tried anything else until my samples get here.

bjm904

Thank you all for such encouraging comments! I feel so very accepted!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of ADISC. I am 230 at 5'10 and i use the abena M4and they fit perfectly.

I have been Obese for probably about 12 years. I was overweight all through high school, but then just got lazier and more addicted to processed white flour foods / sugars, and.... ice cream! **giddy** I could eat ice cream all day if I'm not careful, used to often. However the last year I've been pretty strict and increased my water drinking as well as number of vegetables 10-fold.

Sad to say, the limits of my exercise capability depends on how long I can tolerate my thighs rubbing/chafing together.

I long for the day my thighs burn all their excess fat and don't touch, but the part most may say is silly or an unhealthy mindset is...

The #1 reason I'd like to lose weight, aside from good health - is to feel a nice fitting diaper.

Boy, do I feel like that's weird, since one's own health should take precedence over their fetishes and undergarment choice, no ? :-S

Sad to say, the limits of my exercise capability depends on how long I can tolerate my thighs rubbing/chafing together.

I long for the day my thighs burn all their excess fat and don't touch, but the part most may say is silly or an unhealthy mindset is...

The #1 reason I'd like to lose weight, aside from good health - is to feel a nice fitting diaper.

Boy, do I feel like that's weird, since one's own health should take precedence over their fetishes and undergarment choice, no ? :-S
    I don't find that to be a strange reason at all. We all have different motivations for wanting to lose weight and I don't find there to be a 'correct' one. The typical one bantered about is that you will 'become more attractive to others'.

For me, that wasn't much of a motivation, although I did hate the fat jokes. I simply was tired of being the big kid. I knew for my health I needed to lose weight...so I did. I dropped about 70 pounds over the summer a couple years back. I've kept it off for the most part, although I have been building a bit of muscle through exercising more.

There are two sides to every coin. For example, I am a bit too small for Dry 24/7s to be comfortable. On the other hand, Bambinos fit me perfectly.

I would say determine what you want to look like, find your inspiration, regardless of what others may think of it, and go for it. After all, you're the one doing all the work! ^_^