Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nails! design

Default Nails! design

Oh my gosh sometimes I just love Facebook for bringing me those little "likes" on the side of my page, and this is one of those times!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=916k...layer_embedded

I'm so getting this done as soon as my nails grow just a little longer. Does anyone else have any cute designs they like to do?

Right now jujst red tartan plaid. Though usually they are gunmetal grey with a noir french tip and a matte top coat.

I'm a fan of just plain bright colors, but have tried lots of stuff. Matching designs with the shirt I'm wearing is extra fun and kind of challenging, but the results are awesome.

I did this 'harlequin' pattern on my nails a while back...I think it turned out pretty good for a 'first attempt'
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0744.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	14258

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    I did this 'harlequin' pattern on my nails a while back...I think it turned out pretty good for a 'first attempt'
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0744.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	14258
    I think they did to

Ooops...probably should have said this in my other post....the harlequin pattern is dead easy to do! All you need is two colours of nail polish (I used white and pink...kind of obvious).
    First paint nails with the lighter of the two colours.
    Allow to dry COMPLETELY!!!!! (this is very important)
    Using small bits of tape (I used ordinary everyday cello-tape...or scotch-tape as we say here in Canada)...put two small squares of tape on each nail with points together (I used opposite designs on every other nail).
    Paint the areas not covered with tape with the second (darker) colour.
    Remove the tape bits.
    TADA!
    You can use the same idea to make stripes, checkerboards, etc. Just paint/dry/tape/paint/remove tape/TADA!

I paint my nails like everyday. Currently am wearing this http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws...0a1cddf1_6.jpg

I used Spoiled brand nail polish by wet and wild (I don't drink cheap wine as the purple-ish color and cougar attack for the glitter) They were like $1.99 and are actually pretty awesome!

Little messy french tip Halloween style

Quote Originally Posted by asayuu View Post
    Little messy french tip Halloween style

Pretty.... very pretty....

HumanBeing

I need to paint mine :p
    But I want to try doing black with purple tips, then on every other finger reverse it.